Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 11:09 PM
Orc

Default Str/Dex Dump Vs. Sta Dump >_<

So I'm pretty new to tanking and made a warrior rather hastily..

I didn't read the wiki, and dumped my attributes into str/dex vs. the wiiki suggestion all 25pts into stamina?

I was wondering.. Should I reroll? add everything to STA?

I know very few items give STA, and I'm lvl 11.. so its not so bad..

Thank you in advanced ~
Old 04-17-2012, 12:22 AM
Planar Protector

what race and what do you plan to do with the character end game wise?
Old 04-17-2012, 12:36 AM
Orc

Iks.. end game, i'd hope to be a secondary tank of some sort, I don't have high hopes for that..

Just love iksars.. really interested in warriors right now..

Can my mistakes be played through and my dex/sta salvaged through other means? or am I doomed to be a herp derp D:?
Old 04-17-2012, 12:51 AM
Aviak

You're doomed regardless since you insist on being an iksar. It's really a horrible race for tanks. You can't wear fucking plate!

Anyway, at your level I would just reroll to get the extra stamina, it's indisputably better.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:20 AM
Aviak

Yeah, but I expect Velious is still at least a year away, and even then, I'd honestly go ogre over iksar.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:55 AM
Sarnak

At the end of the day play what you want and what you enjoy. I might go ahead and reroll and do STA as they suggest but if you want to play Iksar then play Iksar.

You're going to want to get as high of AC items in your non armor slots as possible since you cannot wear plate right now. Items such as Targishin's Bone Mask (best AC in a mask slot outside of a god loot) Sarnak earrings of station, 5ac on each ear, Sebilite scale neck etc etc.

You'll need to go the distance working on your non plate slots to stay beefy until Velious but it's possible, just not easy.
<Divinity>
Last edited by Sylexis; 04-17-2012 at 09:58 AM..
Old 04-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Orc

Well thank you everybody for your opinions.. haven't been playing too long.

I'll keep looking out for good ac, sta and dex gear.. cause those are rare right?
Old 04-17-2012, 12:50 PM
Sarnak

Arms – Azure Sleeves – Equal to crafted in AC, goes for 50pp
Back - Fine Splinted Cloak – player crafted, costs about 70pp in components
Chest – Tree Weave – 25 AC and 10 str, best AC below plate and only about 700pp
Ear – Sarnak Earrings of Station – Go level in loio and live at that sarnak fort until you get 2
Face - Targishin's Bone Mask – no idea on price, but its droppable, the mob is easy to get to and below level 40 and with your plate problem you pretty much need to compensate with an item like this.
Boots – You’re going to suffer here, my best suggestion is to crawl over to Karnors and ask to loot any rotting pairs of Jarsath Scale Boots. 10 ac but 5 sta and agi.
Rings – Standard Ac5 HP 55 rings, if you cant afford them go live in Unrest and pick up two Jagged Bands 5 ac 3 str rings, they sell for as little as 30pp usually.
Hands – Sebilite Scale Gloves – Same ac as warrior crafted but cheaper, cost about 100pp and gives you a little agility.
Helm – if you can afford it Sebilite Scale Cap for about 250pp
Legs – Expensive option is kylong greaves from HS but they go for 1kpp, same with sebilite scale greaves. If you can swing it just for the AC benefit maybe crawl into KC again and see if any Jarsath scale leggings are rotting that you can loot,
Neck – raw AC Option Necklace of Defiance for about 200pp or a sebilite scale neck for about 250pp
Shoulders – Crested Spaulders from Mistmoore, there’s decent AC and STA which you are short on, definite yes for you.
Waist – Straw Spun Belt – 10 AC and sells for about 25pp Eventually beg your way into a posky raid in your high 40’s and get a belt of contention that’s rotting.
Wrist – Bracer of Scavenging, - This one is expensive, about 1500pp for you, but it gives you everything you want, then a sebilite scale bracer, these will run you about 200 and aren’t lore.

Weapons for agro? Obsidian shards at your level, they are down to 50pp each, for DPS, save up and buy a staff of battle, they go for about 1.5k plat and are the BEST warrior 2 hander dps wise in the game that’s droppable without procs.

Truesilver Mail if its dropping in Kaesora will be your best bet however for filler pieces with raw AC on it. In some cases the AC is equal to warrior “Crafted (quest pieces)” If you can get them, camp them, live in there, it would be perfectly acceptable starting armor for you until you can start to work on other things.

How do you afford all of this? Your guess is as good as mine, as an iksar you have a benefit of being a stones throw from Field of Bone, which has spider and spiderling silks you can sell to players, the rest you’ll have to work on as you go. Live in Kaesora, sell truesilver as it drops, live in Loio at the fort while farming your earrings, sell the bracer of the hidden if it drops. Bite the bullet and camp Pyzjn and sell the gebs. ETC. Good luck.
<Divinity>
Old 04-17-2012, 06:24 PM
Orc

Thanks a lot Sylexis for this outline.. wow =)

Going to try out everything you listed, as well as do more homework on better ac, sta, dex items.. Awesome.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Kobold

You don't sound like a min/maxer, long term, you'll be fine.

The hardest part about playing an Iksar warrior is the 45-51 levels. You'll be outclassed on hitpoints by players receiving their planar gear, and your options for gear pre-Velious will be virtually limited to Sebilite Scale or Kylong armor sets, both of which tend to drop above your reasonable grouping range.

If I were you, I'd play your warrior to 13 or do to get a feel for the class. Before the doom and gloom questions start to creep into your thinking.

Regarding your stamina comment, warriors have a 5:1 hp/sta gain at higher levels, which scales as you level. For reference, I'm sitting on 2.2k hitpoints unbuffed at 54, so that 125 hitpoints is a 5% loss with equal levels and gear. Raid buffed, it's even lower than that.

In terms of practicality, strength and dexterity are not terrible stats to increase on an iksar warrior. We're a unique race/class combination, and with warrior aggro being heavily reliant on procs, adding points to dexterity could benefit you.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me in-game on Skullmonkey. I still have a couple of pieces of Trooper Scale in the bank, and would be more than happy to give you a hand getting on your feet here.