Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Furor on the day she died:

It was getting louder and louder, every damned day. Well, today, the voice stopped. The Mother-of-All gracefully bowed down to the combined forces of FoH and CD. Loot? Well, it sucked.... For the ridiculously retarded effort we had to put in (clearing the zone) to kill her, and the fifteen+ minute fight of a flurrying 925quadding slut... IT REALLY SUCKED.

People posted some information about killing her here:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/n...5&p=1#comments

One said 798k damage in 27 minutes. Another said 670k damage in 153 ticks

Solving gives about 503k hp base and 1090hp a tick regen.

Furor said 15+ minutes, so say 18 minutes gives 180*1090+503,000 = 699,200hp ~ 700,000

Rais said 55 people, so assume 25 of them are doing dps? A lot of whom probably aren't doing that much.

700,000/25/18/60 ~ 26 dps

Not that unreasonable if she was moving/killing people/a lot weren't rogues or monks.

So we did it here in 9 minutes. 90*1090+503,000 = 601100 ~ 600,000

700,000/9/60/26 = 42.73

Now the million dollar questions. Did we have more rogues here? Did we have 43 people doing dps? If so, nothing is wrong. If we had less people doing dps, she's too easy. If we had many more people doing dps, she might be harder than classic.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

it shouldnt matter how close to classic the actual mob is, the encounter itself should resemble the classic experience and should not be defeated within the first week of our Velious release

hopefully the devs are having lots of 'Classic Feel' vs "Actual Classic" discussions when it comes to mobs and encounters like this one so our server can enjoy a few things like Tunare as an actual accomplishment rather than another gear farm
Old 04-01-2015, 04:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
She either had an increased proxy multiplier or was the same as other bosses but seemed magnified because of the shoot and root.

Guessing she shot the tank away, killed x melee starting with closest that were above the tank in hate with the proxy mod (tank no longer had), then summoned the tank back once he was back on top?
This sounds pretty spot on. I think we tried 3 times that day to kill her. And if the warrior was knocked far enough away, we would wipe due to agro list/ping ponging around/low health agro so the tank couldn't require the agro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by koros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Furor on the day she died:

For the ridiculously retarded effort we had to put in (clearing the zone) to kill her, and the fifteen+ minute fight of a flurrying 925quadding slut... IT REALLY SUCKED.

People posted some information about killing her here:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/n...5&p=1#comments

One said 798k damage in 27 minutes. Another said 670k damage in 153 ticks

Solving gives about 503k hp base and 1090hp a tick regen.

Furor said 15+ minutes, so say 18 minutes gives 180*1090+503,000 = 699,200hp ~ 700,000

Rais said 55 people, so assume 25 of them are doing dps? A lot of whom probably aren't doing that much.

700,000/25/18/60 ~ 26 dps

Not that unreasonable if she was moving/killing people/a lot weren't rogues or monks.

So we did it here in 9 minutes. 90*1090+503,000 = 601100 ~ 600,000

700,000/9/60/26 = 42.73

Now the million dollar questions. Did we have more rogues here? Did we have 43 people doing dps? If so, nothing is wrong. If we had less people doing dps, she's too easy. If we had many more people doing dps, she might be harder than classic.
I would peg the fight more towards 20-25 mins. Furor had a tendency to understate how hard a mob was/type of abilities when we first killed it to throw the other main guilds off. I'd love to give a number of how many of each class we had, but all I know 100% was that spells couldn't land and we played our melee ults.

I just want her as close to classic as I recall. I know there is very little information from what memory tells. I just want people to relive how it was classically and enjoy beating such a challenge in Eq.
Last edited by Rais; 04-01-2015 at 04:50 PM..
Old 04-01-2015, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rais [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would peg the fight more towards 20-25 mins. Furor had a tendency to understate how hard a mob was/type of abilities when we first killed it to throw the other main guilds off. I'd love to give a number of how many of each class we had, but all I know 100% was that spells couldn't land and we played our melee ults.
Yeah, we tried her on Rodcet Nife with a ton of people. Nothing landed at all.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rais [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just want her as close to classic as I recall. I know there is very little information from what memory tells. I just want people to relive how it was classically and enjoy beating such a challenge in Eq.
Pretty much the same here.

Once the kings of Velious die thats it, there is no more.

Why would you upgrade anything if it can be done in Kunark gear?
Old 04-01-2015, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty much the same here.

Once the kings of Velious die thats it, there is no more.

Why would you upgrade anything if it can be done in Kunark gear?
Bigger stats makes my e-peen grow.
Closed Thread