Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 06:12 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Shark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually you can buy game time on most mmos with some type of in game currency and multiboxers are a disease
You are saying people farm 13 chrono a month?

I agree boxing is no fun and anti social.
Old 04-01-2018, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whenever TAKProject is finished, this [a classic-only pvp server with item loot] is something I am considering making with the open source version of it.
Please do. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-02-2018, 12:54 PM
Sarnak

haven't played here since trying to report bugs on IRC and then being trolled by one of the devs (speedz) because of his/her/its own insecurities and making the game unplayable for the group of friends that tried migrating to the server.

eqmac aint ever coming back it died when smedley got tossed.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valakut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
haven't played here since trying to report bugs on IRC and then being trolled by one of the devs (speedz) because of his/her/its own insecurities and making the game unplayable for the group of friends that tried migrating to the server.

if you are who i think you are, you deserve to be trolled.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valakut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You're just a ball of happiness aren't you? Go give it another try, cast your prejudices aside.

I'm looking into giving it a shot at the moment, want to play a cat for once [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-06-2018, 11:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
infravision scroll wheel refers to p99 paul

takp is alright but the mooing guy has to go really shameful for an adult

seriously pal? i love that mooing guy, hes awesome.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:32 PM
Fire Giant

Are pets more classic? As in not as nerfed as they are here?
Old 05-21-2018, 10:54 AM
Kobold

I'm unfamiliar with how pets are on P99.

I outlined much of my pet combat skills research here: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...7&postcount=11

As far as what levels pets are granted abilities, max HP and the like, we're very close to the P99 wiki.
Last edited by Torven; 05-21-2018 at 10:58 AM..
Old 05-21-2018, 04:22 PM
Orc

I decided to give TAKP a try to mix up the insanity that is raiding on P99.... here's my take:

The community is very helpful to new players - I had three people find me and run items to me to help out my n00bie grind in Field of Bone. A wu's trance stick is a game changer for a L6 monk.

Plane of Knowledge is amazing - (Trainers / Spells / Banks / Portals all in one zone) yeah, not classic, whatever.....it's nice to be able to port without having to find a wizard or druid. It definitely shrinks the world, but no less so than having a pocket porter. It's nice to know my spells are in one building and not spread out all over the place. It also allowed me to make characters of different races (IKS / HEF) and play together starting at level 1.

Bazaar - I've only been twice and it appears there isn't a ton for sale. I'm sure this is due to population, but i was able to find a cheap haste item [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It's weird running through a deserted EC tunnel.....

Low pop has it's advantages - I decided to give TOFS a try with my trio and took the raft from NRO to iceclad ocean. When i pull up to the docks, Stormfeather is up and circling the mountain. I call in a guy i barely knew and he helped me kill it. I'm pumped at this point. Then he tells me Lodi was on track ....so he calls in a few more reinforcements and we take down Lodi and i get a map AND they give me a ring. WHAT LUCK?!? He helps me with the Tizmak part and i pick up my 3rd map piece.....still waiting on the dire wolf, but soon !!!

I was also allowed to loot an Aegis of Ice off Dain for my cleric.

It's a different experience then P99, but it is nice to know a lot of the content isn't locked behind neckbeard FTE'ers and the people are more focused on conquering content then Conquering each other.

The dev team on both P99 and TAKP are incredible people. I can't thank you guys enough for the experience you've provided for us.

P99 will always be home and i'll continue to play here, but TAKP will definitely get a lot of my time going forward.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:49 PM
Fire Giant

Grata on the shield I’m glad you like it.

After playing on p99 for nearly 8 years I was burnt out on the neck beards continuing to harper the step up mentality and keepng everything else on lockdown. I just wanted to have fun and experience old content again - TAKP gives me that. After 3 months of casual play I already have better gear and have killed every raid mob in the game except the Vulak ring.