Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2018, 08:07 AM
Banned

Default Sebilite Protector Camp Rule Clarification

He's a 2 hr 45 min spawn. He has a roamer that spawns in his same path.

If you engage the roamer, can someone else pull the protector?

I'm talking to a few different people that regularly do the camp and I'm getting various answers. And tensions are running high.

Yesterday a group and I were finishing off the roaming golem and about to engage the Prot when another duo sniped him.

This morning a duo pulled roamer and I'm questioning if I could take Prot w/ a duo and it would be by the rules. The guy who is doing the roamer is absolutely livid at the suggestion.

I just looking for some consistent ruling on how this works.
Old 11-23-2018, 08:13 AM
Fire Giant

Gonna guess that if you're socking the lair and keeping the roamer down waiting for prot then you are 'camping' it. If its up and nothing is clear its FFA.
Old 11-23-2018, 08:18 AM
Sarnak

Sounds like you were just breaking into the camp or not keeping the spawns down. Either way, you lost.
Old 11-23-2018, 08:28 AM
Planar Protector

Depends where roamer spawns
Old 11-23-2018, 08:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhtar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like you were just breaking into the camp or not keeping the spawns down. Either way, you lost.
It’s fine either way I just want it consistent cause I was in the situation in reverse this morning. A duo starting clearing roamer and I could skip ahead with my duo partner in the same way and snipe the prot? Definitely no recourse against the snipers in this case?

Let me give another example of this and your thoughts- let’s say a group is clearing to crypt and somebody is following them. The group is clearing all the mobs and is basically there. The follower invises himself past 1 mob the group has to deal with and plops on the most valuable ph in the camp. No recourse against the follower who plopped on the ph right? This would be the same situation I feel.
Old 11-23-2018, 08:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s fine either way I just want it consistent cause I was in the situation in reverse this morning. A duo starting clearing roamer and I could skip ahead with my duo partner in the same way and snipe the prot? Definitely no recourse against the snipers in this case?

Let me give another example of this and your thoughts- let’s say a group is clearing to crypt and somebody is following them. The group is clearing all the mobs and is basically there. The follower invises himself past 1 mob the group has to deal with and plops on the most valuable ph in the camp. No recourse against the follower who plopped on the ph right? This would be the same situation I feel.
If the group has not killed/is keeping the PH down they have no claim to the camp, even if they are clearing in. Allowed? yes. Dick move? maybe.
Old 11-23-2018, 08:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the group has not killed/is keeping the PH down they have no claim to the camp, even if they are clearing in. Allowed? yes. Dick move? maybe.
This is how I interpreted it. Allowed but really big jerk move. But this seems to be the way the Sebilite Protector camp is moving towards. Very cutthroat. Tensions are starting to run high.

The way it works is the protector has about a 90-95% success rate for killing if you know what you’re doing and you have time to clear stuff. If you leave roamer up, that drops to like I’d say 60-66% success rate. A lot more dangerous. But I guess anyone has to be very careful now if you are clearing roamer and plan to do prot.
Old 11-23-2018, 09:53 AM
Planar Protector

Lol “camp” rules strike again
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 11-23-2018, 09:53 AM
Planar Protector

Seems like everyday there anothing one of these threads plz fix
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 11-23-2018, 10:00 AM
Sarnak

This is a quintessential Tepplerian topic. The answer to your question is: go outside (gym, church, school, nature, etc)
Closed Thread