Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 11:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a guild named Domus Divinae
I still think about that Dain meme all the time: http://www.purgatory.net/dain/dd1.html
Old 01-14-2019, 12:11 AM
Aviak

After 20 years of MMO playing, I can honestly say I've never fucked anyone over purposefully. You guys are dicks. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-14-2019, 12:16 AM
Banned

good honeypot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-14-2019, 12:19 AM
Planar Protector

back in late 2001/early 2002, my older bro was a high-end raiding bard and i was a grade-school twerp druid who lived only to share my wolf form, snare/dot single spawn mobs over and over again, and reroll perpetually

one day said bro told me about a "glitch" or really a non-feature where if a player attempts to drop coin on the ground, the game would not ask for a confirmation as it would if you were to drop an item. it would just drop. so you could sit behind transparent walls and coax people into dropping cash, which would happen instantly as soon as they clicked on the world with their money

so, I called up my buddy from school and we used our two accounts to post up in the fireplace of EC, where I'd sit behind the animated fire sprite, which was composed of partly transparent textures. we offered very cheap fungi tunics and people would bite. when they dropped the cash, my buddy picked it up and logged. i also logged, then deleted char.

so.. victim drops cash, petitions a character (me) who never actually touched it, and presumably GMs are at a loss... i say presumably because we never got caught, even tho my buddy shared the plat with my account later on other chars and a bunch of other kid-like things like immediately trying to cover our tracks in the most obvious ways. i figure the logs or policy for assistance got messed up when someone straight up drops stuff on the ground.

the image of a poor soul hobbling over to me with all of his life savings, after just finishing the encumbered crawl from the bank, just so they can consolidate all of their hard-earned effort into a single fungi tunic, is really burned into my memory

we did it probably 5 or 6 times on different servers. im sure there were other folks doing it. eventually they changed it so you cannot drop money at all. just disabled. no more money dropping. forever

ya, sorry bout that
Last edited by bubur; 01-14-2019 at 12:23 AM..
Old 01-14-2019, 01:15 AM
Planar Protector

Lots of jerks be wary of scams here i guess
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 01-14-2019, 01:58 AM
Kobold

Worst I ever did was training people on low level bards. I trained in places where people never think about training. Obviously I trained people in the Oasis. But I also I trained people in Greater Divide, little did they know when hunting Kodiaks was a popular bard training spot. It's when the blue server characters think they're safe is when they are actually the most vulnerable.

I logged on a new progression server recently and got bored so I made a high elf cleric, got her a level or two, and then went to Crushbone and started divine intervention training groups for awhile before that got boring too.

I got my inspiration from Fansy the Bard.
Old 01-14-2019, 07:30 AM
Sarnak

I once ninja looted 100pp in a High Keep GM event. Turns out, GMs not the best corpses to ninja loot. Got summoned to Halas for a quick chat with a GM and were convinced to give the 100pp back.

When I was 13, I also called another player "sucker" after he (by accident) stole a normal gnoll from my group in high pass. Not a native English, I didn't know what "sucker" meant. That outburst was a bit harsh, considering he apologized three times.

Looking back, I think I am a Pretty decent guy in MMOs.
Old 01-14-2019, 07:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerok88 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got my inspiration from Fansy the Bard.
classic
Old 01-14-2019, 10:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would get messages pleading to let them CR and camp out
I call bullshit. Let's see these logs. Would love to see who was begging you for mercy. FE was the biggest joke in VP. It wasn't till IB raid leaders came along for you guys to get some kills. Sloan probably had more kills on his shaman then you did, tbh. But you're so cool. You must be telling the truth.

"Then I joined TMO" lmao your guild was absorbed. IB rejected you all after they used you to grow. Then a broken TMO let you guys join as a desperate attempt to fight IB. By the time you joined TMO was dead. And what did FE do to help?? Nothing besides be bad.
Last edited by Bbeta; 01-14-2019 at 10:15 AM..
Old 01-14-2019, 10:28 AM
Sarnak

Not really a 'worst thing' but waay back in Luclin/PoP era I was in a guild who were kinda known for messing around on raids sometimes.

Telling all the new guys in the guild to click on the 'Electric Penis' in PlaneOfStorms to get their 'raidKey'.... then half the raid would be in hysterics as the statues came to life and killed them all.

One gnome /split a huge stack of copper in Vex Thal during a raid-crawl just as the mob gravity-fluxed everyone into the air. His whole group hit the ground HARD.

Always kept the whole guild laughing on those long raids.
Closed Thread