Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 06:14 PM
Banned

Geonids in WL, bear pits in permafrost, top of City of Mist, imps and efreeti in Sol B, raptors in Timorous Deep, basically everything in Skyshrine, Nez/Phurz camp in Burning Woods, the entrance --> exit loop in Chardok
Old 01-14-2019, 08:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TLDR: Don't believe anyone (including me in the Per-Level guide) when they say a zone has X ZEM. No one but Nilbog and Rogean know the true ZEMs, and it will forever stay that way until enough motivated people take the time to research P99's actual ZEMs.
I tend to think the Wiki values are pretty close. I have a spreadsheet from around here that I stole from someone, maybe even you put it together, who knows, but you can put in ZEM, Race bonus/penalty and level of mobs (average) you are killing, it's almost spot on. My main example was doing Bloodgills in LOIO for 1 whole level in one sitting, it was like within 9 mobs of being exactly the number I needed.

I don't take them as the XP bible or anything but they seem very accurate at least as a comparison. Like.... The Hole is definitely better than most of the Kunark 85 ZEM dungeons, just killing 10 mobs here and there. That being said -- we don't really use it as an 100% we go somewhere, we kill for 1 hour, see our % per hour and if it sucks we do something else.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:22 PM
Kobold

I'll echo some spots that people here have mentioned:

SolB efreeti trash
Hole castle ent or docks
HS basement, north, or west
Skyfire named cycle
Chardok ent
CoM 2nd/3rd floor
Old 01-14-2019, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tend to think the Wiki values are pretty close. I have a spreadsheet from around here that I stole from someone, maybe even you put it together, who knows, but you can put in ZEM, Race bonus/penalty and level of mobs (average) you are killing, it's almost spot on. My main example was doing Bloodgills in LOIO for 1 whole level in one sitting, it was like within 9 mobs of being exactly the number I needed.

I don't take them as the XP bible or anything but they seem very accurate at least as a comparison. Like.... The Hole is definitely better than most of the Kunark 85 ZEM dungeons, just killing 10 mobs here and there. That being said -- we don't really use it as an 100% we go somewhere, we kill for 1 hour, see our % per hour and if it sucks we do something else.
Yeah, exactly how accurate the wiki ZEMs are is hard to say. Personally I'd say they're close enough to being accurate to be worth including in the guide, but far enough from accurate to be worth warning people about [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'd love to see your spreadsheet if you can share it with me somehow though, as it might help us narrow down ZEMs without the super-painful process I described (ie. killing a hundred or so mobs of the exact same level in at least three zones, and then doing some math).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:17 PM
Banned

I'd keep it simple. Karnor on off peak times and Howling Stones during crowded times.

Sebilis ng camp when you get 55+. Grab an undead pet at crypt door and go to work.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:01 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Like others have said, efficiency-wise, HS basement is your best bet. Once you're 54 and get your class-defining end-game spells (deflux / thrall of bones / shield of the magi / shadowbond), you two should be good to go into HS North and poke around.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHydras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like others have said, efficiency-wise, HS basement is your best bet. Once you're 54 and get your class-defining end-game spells (deflux / thrall of bones / shield of the magi / shadowbond), you two should be good to go into HS North and poke around.
This.
Closed Thread