Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-05-2020, 02:34 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Skills Button Not Working

Anyone got any ideas how to fix my Skills button. I open inventory, click skills, and nothing happens. I had to reinstall game when I got a new laptop. The sound was off as well, but I turned that back on in Options Editor, which worked on second attempt, for some reason.
Old 07-05-2020, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

It could be opening the window outside of viewable area. Try reloading the UI and not preserving window positions (should be a checkbox). If that doesn't work try changing resolution. Worst case, delete or rename your ini file and that should revert everything to default.

There's also no need to run the installer to move the game to a new system. You can just copy it over to your new box and it should work fine - but you may have to rename your ini file due to the new system having a different default resolution or aspect ratio.

-Mcoy
Old 07-05-2020, 04:15 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thank you Mcoy! It did cross my mind that perhaps the skills box was off-screen somewhere, but hadn't played around with that idea yet. Your instructions made it quick and straight forward to alter the layout, and it worked! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]