Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 01:18 PM
Banned

Methinks you need a few appointed testers with GM powers to really speed things along.

You got some people making very well organized tests and results but imagine how many quests they could bang out with the ability to spawn items/npcs and hand things in.

I wouldn't give this to everyone on the beta server, but people who are really showing drive in banging out quests could really use it.

(I'm more interested in a few existing odds and ends before moving in on Velious beta.. mechanics > content imo)
Old 04-14-2014, 01:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pending update:

Added Box of the Void, mana batteries, and jade inlaid coffins to one of the giant gnome vendors.

Speaking to the gnomes will allow some faction utilities.
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Methinks you need a few appointed testers with GM powers to really speed things along.
Hit me!
Old 04-14-2014, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Okay 40 clicks is reasonable. I'll be sure to do that and check out some quests.

Also the armor quest gems are somewhat of a crap shoot getting them to drop. Any chance a vendor could be made that sells them:

Quote:
Melee - Warrior, Rogue, Monk, Ranger, Shadowknight, Paladin, Bard
Priest - Cleric, Druid, Shaman
Caster - Wizard, Enchanter, Mage

Black Marble - Priest Breastplate
Chipped Onyx Sapphire - Priest Legs
Crushed Black Marble - Melee Boots
Crushed Coral - Melee Helmet
Crushed Flame Emerald - Melee Bracer, Priest Boots
Crushed Flame Opal - Caster Helm
Crushed Jaundice Gem - Caster Boots
Crushed Lava Ruby - Priest Gloves
Crushed Onyx Sapphire - Priest Helm, Caster Bracer
Crushed Opal - Priest Bracer
Crushed Topaz - Melee Gloves, Caster Gloves
Flawed Emerald - Melee Arms
Flawed Sea Sapphire - Melee Legs
Flawed Topaz - Caster Arms
Flawless Diamond - Melee Breastplate
Jaundiced Gem - Priest Arms
Nephrite - Caster legs
Pristine Emerald - Caster Breastplate
I have an eroded leather piece or two. I'd like to see after incremental faction increases the bare minimum on a turnin... But I can't get the gems. Atleast without grinding velks solo for 100s of hours solo praying for the gem I need.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But I can't get the gems. Atleast without grinding velks solo for 100s of hours solo praying for the gem I need.
a couple of bug reports are in about gem drops everywhere, but they haven't been addressed yet.

gem vendor to test at least the thurgadin quests would be nice, since we can't get tov drops yet.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure what all the hostility is about, but I made this post yesterday.

Regarding other tools to assist with testing, I'm open to suggestions.
Not trying to come off as hostile, just frustrated. I had no idea you had made that post - I'd expect to see posts of a major testing announcement nature like that somewhere more visible but I'm excited this is in and I'll definitely be back on Beta tonight. This post was started because the servers own GMs/Guides are talking crap about the players for not testing, even though the stuff in this thread had been brought up several times.

I think a specific focus on testing schedule would be super helpful. If I know I can log on and there will be a few groups crawling through Velks or SG or something that night I can lend my DPS to, i'm way more likely to get on and do that. Even if i don't specifically know that zone well, I can lend my DPS to their efforts.
Last edited by Shiftin; 04-14-2014 at 02:30 PM..
Old 04-14-2014, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

+1. I'm sure if you had a post with 'please test x, y, and z' up those things would get crossed off sooner rather than later. I was actually talking to Bier and we'd both be down to play beta but I had (and have) zero ideas how to do anything useful there.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 04-14-2014, 03:21 PM
Sarnak

Nilbog thanks for the improvements to the gnomes with factions! I'm actually excited to get on and see if I cannot complete a set of dwarf armor if I can find a tank and some dps to play with and farm gear.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but everyone is always bitching (I mean expressing nicely) how they want EXP BONUS weeks/weekends on Blue99. Why doesn't the staff implement some strat like Dal mentioned for when certain things are fully tested the normal servers get an EXP Buff.

Lame I know, but it might just be enough to draw more interest over. And obviously if some raid content was around you would have 200+ more people over since everything is dead within 30 seconds on the blue server as well...
Tander - 55th Half Elf Bard

The Mystical Order || See what I'm Selling/Buying || Nagrith's JBoots MQ Service
Old 04-14-2014, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
50 at a time. So, 40 times either way. 40 seconds I guess, depending on your fingers.
Will there be an item that works like this for other reps as well?

Like the Chetari and Paebela rats in Dragon Necropolis, or Tormax/Dain/Yelinak.

I'd also suggest a teleport NPC for getting across Siren's Grotto, and in addition to the Thurgadin Gate staff a "Cobalt Scar" Gate Staff.

The staffs should be bound to you on death like Sebelis/HS keys.

I keep ending up in dumb situations where I die in Eastern Wastes and I'm bound outside DN and can't do anything about it.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:40 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleToad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will there be an item that works like this for other reps as well?
It's not an item that can do it. I wrote it in perl, so the npcs can handle it by request.

It is possible to add additional factions to this, but it does take time.

Pending update:
-Added the Velious Beta gnomes to the bridge in thurgadina
-Staff of Betas are now soulbound
Old 04-14-2014, 05:22 PM
Project Manager

A few people have sent me PMs regarding npc leveling scripts, spell scribers etc.

Here are my issues:
-The leveling is no problem, but you won't have the correct skills for your level.
Setting skills for level is more complicated.
-Spell scribing is no problem, but you will have spells, and copies of spells that you will never see in game. For example, there are multiple copies of certain spells. This leads to bug reports that are non-issues. Since old zones are not included in the beta, you also can't return home to buy them.

If anyone has suggestions about the above, I will consider them.

Other things I'm considering:
-Adding a vendor for quest gems
-A porting npc, that will take you to requested velious zones.
Closed Thread