Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 01:18 AM
Planar Protector

Ought to make him so damned hard to kill that the kill means something. I'm not against starting at impossible and tuning down from there. Sounds like more fun that way. Frustrating and gratifying, eq at its finest.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:40 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Course, 25 mages could drop him np.
This. With no rampage and no AE it doesn't matter if he one rounds every pet. Throw in anyone that can cast a pet, any charmed pet, ranged damage and he will fall eventually.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:47 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by koros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
War calls defensive dropping in 10 seconds, ranger hits weaponshield and spams a mallet, you now have 18 seconds to swap to a new war... every cleric just needs to hit a /target new_war hotkey, shouldn't be that hard.
Theoretically yes, realistically no. I have watched the beta testing a lot and it will take a while just to get people out of kunark burn tactics. We will not tune him to be impossible, but I won't bet on him being killed the first week either.
Last edited by Alunova; 05-23-2014 at 06:50 AM..
Old 05-23-2014, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alunova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Theoretically yes, realistically no. I have watched the beta testing a lot and it will take a while just to get people out of kunark burn tactics. We will not tune him to be impossible, but I won't bet on him being killed the first week either.
That is the biggest thing. People have been in Kunark for so long it is going to be a reality check for a lot of them when Velious hits.

Aggro management becomes a huge issue when the fights are 5+ minutes long on even the more basic boss mobs.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

85% of people will never make it thru SG w/o an evac
Old 05-23-2014, 12:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalaerian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
85% of people will never make it thru SG w/o an evac
You could camp out sitting real tight against the zone in well, log back in and be ported across. Dunno if they can make that happen here.

This also worked for getting back to the zone in for ToV.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could camp out sitting real tight against the zone in well, log back in and be ported across. Dunno if they can make that happen here.

This also worked for getting back to the zone in for ToV.
Lets hope they don't put that in. I am all for classic but implementing things that were clearly bugs is not best of ideas.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:01 PM
Banned

Yaw, let's worry about resists and bolts first on the hard to change end.
Old 05-23-2014, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by koros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really really cursory glance at that. AoW only flurried 51 times in ~27 minutes. That can't be right. It must be a true proc on hit ability or was changed at some point?
That struck me as odd as well. I'd like to get a copy of more logs to look into that as the flurry rate does seem much lower than expected.

Quote:
[Wed May 21 03:07:14 2014] The Avatar of War tries to slash YOU, but misses!
[Wed May 21 03:07:14 2014] The Avatar of War tries to slash YOU, but misses!
[Wed May 21 03:07:14 2014] The Avatar of War executes a FLURRY of attacks on Scaleex!
He double attacks me here. Even though both missed, he still flurried. It might be tied to hit rate somehow, but it's not directly dependent on landing a hit like NPC innate procs.

Either way, I'm going to work up Dain and Yelinak first.