Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 12:15 PM
Sarnak

Default I tried live.

I played free on live for a week then paid for a month.
What a drag. I had a merc healer and could easily solo yellow and low reds. Might as well play wow.
I just wanted to see what it was like. I thought I missed the bazaar, but there weren't enough players to make it worth shopping there.
With the gloomndeep gear I was able to solo up to 20 in a couple days casual play.
Anyone who likes this game style, this is the place for you. It's free to play.

Live long and prosper
Old 11-05-2018, 12:20 PM
Kobold

Yeah the whole mercs and books to travel every 20 feet really ruined it when I revisited a couple years back.

Byel- 60th level Magician of <Asgard>
Kimboh- 46th level Monk of <Asgard>
Old 11-05-2018, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Instancing also sounds awesome on paper but is quite the killer in actuality. I think "competition" on this server is a joke but its also 100x better than instancing. Its better to chase the carrot and never actual get it
Old 11-05-2018, 12:53 PM
Sarnak

The mudflation on live is pretty amazing. My co worker still plays live. His raid geared warrior usually has about 350,000 - 400,000 hit points.

And he can still get 1 rounded...

Then add in all the fucking bolt-ons and one off gimmick features bundled with this xpac or that one, its a fucking mess.

I played live again about 4-5 years ago and just left things at lvl 103. My monk can pretty much kill all of ToV in about 3-4 battles if I tried.
Old 11-05-2018, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Imagine bumping a thread bragging about the time your guild went there because they couldn't FTE Velious mobs, and then quit it within 18 months (but still brag) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-05-2018, 05:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine bumping a thread bragging about the time your guild went there because they couldn't FTE Velious mobs, and then quit it within 18 months (but still brag) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
disturbing scribbling, friend. are there refugees fighting in your library rn?
Old 11-05-2018, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

I played live for a few weeks a couple years ago to try something out and it actually turned out semi interesting - unattended gameplay (without 3rd party programs).

I made groups of 3 chars - usually two mages and one cleric - and tried to find places where i could just leave them overnight and come back the next day and they would all maxxed out the exp they could get from the mobs before total greening out.

Finding these leveling paths and the tricks to make sure the trio would always win (with the mercs of course) and not get pushed out of aggro ranges etc...That was fairly fun.

With free accounts I got to around level 87-88 on a bunch of chars and made millions of pp's in the progress. Parking a trio in the Hole by the door to Yael meant an endless supply of blue mobs who dropped diamonds and other gems.
I never really found (or searched for) places you could do it past level 88 (remember - free mercs suck). Getting through lvl 87 was already borderline too long - like a week of uninterrupted exping.

Of course after a while I got reported (someone surely wanted the camp) and banned for unattended gameplay.

The ban was only for 3 days but I never went back. Still have like 15 level 85+ clr/mags there doing nothing, sitting around with 100-stacks of diamonds in the bags.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How many years have they been gone ... yet you still have a raging hard-on for them?

God bless BDA.

<--- look left; the location is apparently still relevant.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 11-05-2018, 10:17 PM
Sarnak

I really liked what they did to the graphics in the zones tho. Steamfont was super. Lots of zones were prettied up a lot.
Old 11-05-2018, 10:59 PM
Planar Protector

Yeeeaaahhhh. I did the same about 2 years ago. Played for maybe a month and a half. The tank merc can just solo everything. It's dumb. I had a bit of fun running around zones that used to wreck me and soloing raid mobs, then got bored and came back to p99 to play a real game.
Closed Thread