Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 12:52 AM
Orc

Default New Pre Kunark Server

If I recall correctly it has been about 2 and a half years since the big event in North Ro to roll out Velious. There was discussion at that time about a Discord server and at some point when all of the Velious patches are in place to creating a new Pre Kunark Server. I have been checking the forums from time to time and have seen no mention of a Pre Kunark server. Unfortunately I discovered both EQ Live and p99 too late to ever play a true Pre Kunark EQ. I even tried Ragfire for about 3 weeks and was very disappointed with both the mix of old and new content and the 6 boxer and 8 boxer cloned characters.

I love p99 and have enjoyed the past 3 years immensely. Are there any plans for a future roll out of a new Pre Kunark server? Even better it would have all the bugs ironed out that plagued early EQ Live and p99.
Always a fan, Mintmaster
Old 12-03-2018, 01:07 AM
Kobold

A new pre Kunark server will be an absolute disgusting mess. Think Agnarr at launch times 50 with no instanced zones. 500 people in Crush on opening night. Within 48 hours 2000 people in Lguk competing for Manastone.
Old 12-03-2018, 01:22 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dussle27 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A new pre Kunark server will be an absolute disgusting mess. Think Agnarr at launch times 50 with no instanced zones. 500 people in Crush on opening night. Within 48 hours 2000 people in Lguk competing for Manastone.
Funny I didn't see any HUGE CRUSH when Velious came out. EQ Live didn't depopulate when p99 came out and I doubt Blue server will depopulate if a new server comes out. In fact it will allow players another option. I for 1 wouldn't be anywhere near Lguk.
Old 12-03-2018, 05:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dussle27 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds fun to me. Can't wait to start lawyer questing those ice goblin scout camps!
Old 12-03-2018, 11:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Within 48 hours 2000 people in Lguk competing for Manastone.
This
Old 12-03-2018, 11:54 AM
Sarnak

I'd play it and actively recruit peasants to join me in Runnyeye.
Old 12-03-2018, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Within 48 hours 2000 people in Lguk competing for Manastone.
Initially I preferred the idea of just releasing a prekunark server without the mana stone, but on reflection it does act as a shit sump for the 'Exceptional' players.

Keep it in so they don't shit up the next most op item (dwarven ringmail tunic).
Old 12-05-2018, 11:41 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintmaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Funny I didn't see any HUGE CRUSH when Velious came out. EQ Live didn't depopulate when p99 came out and I doubt Blue server will depopulate if a new server comes out. In fact it will allow players another option. I for 1 wouldn't be anywhere near Lguk.
Oh it was horrible. Not even a couple weeks into Velious there were tremendous cluster F*cks for scout Charisa's turn in, stormfeather's camp in Iceclad, and Gloradin Coldheart's marching orders. Back then it was a literal click-fest shootout, sniping kills for afk'ers, and line jumpers to the hills with complete lack of moral code/ethics.

All of this lasted for at least a good 10 months after, and when rules started to snap in place you'd still have extreme outliers with complete disregard. These days it's nothing compared to what it was back then but that's probably because those guys either quit or finally got it for their 27th alt which they barely play anyways...
Old 12-05-2018, 01:41 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxchunjae1912 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh it was horrible. Not even a couple weeks into Velious there were tremendous cluster F*cks for scout Charisa's turn in, stormfeather's camp in Iceclad, and Gloradin Coldheart's marching orders. Back then it was a literal click-fest shootout, sniping kills for afk'ers, and line jumpers to the hills with complete lack of moral code/ethics.

All of this lasted for at least a good 10 months after, and when rules started to snap in place you'd still have extreme outliers with complete disregard. These days it's nothing compared to what it was back then but that's probably because those guys either quit or finally got it for their 27th alt which they barely play anyways...
There must be people who actually LIKE that kind of crush as if it is a magnet. Most zones that I have played in over the past 4 years are never busy, and if they are I move on. The camps that you mentioned I NEVER camped on p99 OR Live. There are just too many other places to go on EQ. There are players who like groups, duos, solo, camps, and raids. If all you want to do is CAMP, ehh more power to you...for me that's more boring than grinding out XP. Ultimately I still hold that having another server will open up MORE opportunities rather than fewer.

Which brings me back to the original reason for my thread. My question was directed toward our wonderful development team and whether there will ever be a new Pre Kunark Server in the future. I for one would love to play one. I guess people can always find a reason NOT to have one "Oh it will be overcrowded" or "Oh no one will want to play that". I would just like to know if there are any plans for one in the future.

If anyone from or illustrious development team reads my humble post please let me know if there is any hope or plans for one.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I've said it once, and I'll say it again. There cannot possibly be a single member of P1999's volunteer GM / Guide staff that would be willing to play referee under those circumstances. Like, ever. Ever Ever. People might not like it, or they might absolutely hate the idea, but non classic changes to loot location (perhaps even rotating out to random zones to mobs of similar level) might happen. Or, players could just buckle up and demand non classic changes in exchange for hair trigger account bans for being involved in anything slightly annoying. Or maybe, just maybe, groups of players could resolve not to do 24 hour, 7 days a week character rotation of a prime camp like manastone or Najena's Jboots or Guise to maintain an early monopoly and... Nah, who am I kidding?
Last edited by NegaStoat; 12-05-2018 at 01:50 PM..
Closed Thread