Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 06:35 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default When do you think everquest was 'perfect/complete' ?

Like at its peak, for you ?

Mine has to be planes of power, imo by far their best all around expansion, story, raids, grouping, soloing, everytime I return to EQlive I always look forward to playing the PoP zones also I think the story ended really well, you killed the GODS, the people who created everquest, what more was there to do? felt it was a perfect ending (untill druzzil resets time then aliens attack and...ugh. /unsubscribe)

Also recently looking at shadows of luclin I noticed it has the most varied and unique zones plus the largest amount of zones added out of an EQ expansion + it had new character models(which are still used 11 years later) yet it flopped in the eyes of players, why?

I only started playing about 3 months before Luclin relased yet even with raiding it and leveling an alt during its prime I still didn't really see a whole lot of it (most of the zones just felt like run-through zones to get to the next shard/raid area and no one grouped outside of palaudal) Also people complained it was too hard to get around. Why was this? people loved EQ classic for it's lack of travel options and lucin gave that with it's meger two portal points so why did it flop, what did they do so wrong with so much effort?
Old 04-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Sarnak

You said it yourself:

Quote:
then aliens attack
Shadows of Luclin had this Mars Attack feeling.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kaska, Phantasmist <Divinity>
Fuam, Druid 57 <Divinity>
Willo, Cleric 54 <Divinity>
Old 04-27-2012, 06:47 PM
Aviak

Velious, duh.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:55 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalgrunt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You said it yourself:

Shadows of Luclin had this Mars Attack feeling.

Well to be fair, we were in out of space and it did have a massive variety of enemies :P...I was referring to gates of discord tho, ough... what a game killer that was.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtung [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Velious, duh.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

Planes of Power / Lost Dungeons of Norrath.

PoP was baller on all levels. LDoN was nice in a form of a dungeon crawling, with an objective that wasn't always the same... I just wish they equalized the time a kill count adventure took vs an assassinate/rescue/collect. Plus it was nice to know that if your dice sucked after 20 adventures you could still get a new shirt etc.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:16 PM
Aviak

I think Luclin. The Baazar was as far as I wanted to go toward convenience, just far enough. PoP took things too far and the PoK books was the first major thing that ruined the feel of the game for me.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Fire Giant

This is a terrible question to ask the community of a Classic server. It's going to become a Classic/Kunark/Velious circle jerk and "everything Space Cats and beyond is the devil's heathen work and no one can have differing opinions from mine!"

To put in my input however, though I've said it before, Luclin was peak for me content wise. Client wise, Live as it is today.

What I mean by that is, generally speaking, the zones and mob layouts, quests, items, and over all feeling was superior between Classic and Luclin. PoP+ took a toll on that for me, and once GoD dropped, in my mind, it never truly recovered. However when it comes to the way the client itself handles. The functionalities they put in and tweaked (Pet window, Raid Window/raid system, Guild manager etc), and the design of the UI, how it handles with your computer etc etc etc. It is far superior now (now meaning if you were to log on Live today..Veil of Alaris) than it ever was.

With the EQEmu team working on chasing the Live client atm I'm going to go ahead and say a P99-like server (Velious or Luclin max expac) with Veil of Alaris client compatibility would be the best thing in the world to me.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:48 PM
Sarnak

Old 04-27-2012, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

I liked velious alot, but I think luclin and pop added something that kept me playing. Velious would have worn out eventually without the AA system.

I never much cared for alts so AA's allowed me to play in group and exp for a purpose still. Plus velious-pop raiding was the best imo.

Obv bazaar and PoK brought down the game...but excluding that....
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Closed Thread