Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2021, 08:17 PM
Planar Protector

I agree with OP

Except besides comfort and visibility new cars are better in every way.

It’s weird they’re safer but harder to drive well because visibility is shit

Theyre quieter because better design and materials but less comfortable because of the god awful safety interiors and maybe that short guy crash dummy

Trade offs.

You can get a base model pickup and some with no center console you will be pretty happy OP and they’re available in non turbo
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 04-17-2021 at 08:45 PM..
Old 04-18-2021, 11:37 PM
Kobold

I have a 2015 GTI I bought new.. still love it. Paid it off last year. Now I want a little truck... but they're all way too big. So might be looking for a early 2000's Tacoma or Ranger.
Old 04-18-2021, 11:53 PM
Banned

This rings like an analogy for p99. Cars have changed and you don’t like it. Gaming has changed and we don’t like it, which is why we play here. Maybe there is some trait we all carry where we are prone to nostalgia.
Old 04-19-2021, 08:01 AM
Banned

I want a personal electric blimpsuit. Like a floaty exoskeleton with jets that goes like 120mph.

Tbh. It should be easy. Doesn’t have to be fully buoyant. Just enough to make me like floaty. Could still sink. Slowly. Enough for controlled landings. Could be shaped like a missile or saucer or flying wing for aerodynamics and lift even. About the size of a minicar or a bit smaller, like a single seater ultralight. Imagine an oversized airtight flying wing filled with hydrogen. Or helium. And an electric thruster powered or supplemented by solar.

Added bonus, a solid fuel booster pack.
Old 04-19-2021, 08:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vehicles should be made out of stainless steel so they don't rust to hell.
And use those hard plastic panels they use on ATV UTV dirbikes, etc.

The stainless steel would be more expensive but it would last 4x as long and the hard plastic panels would be super cheap to replace.

I get most people will be like, Baler what the heck are you talking about.
Your vehicles 'undercoat' doesn't last as long as you think. Unless you're re-applying it yourself on a regular basis your vehicle is rusting away. This problem would be solved with stainless steel.

Baler plastic panels what kind of clown world do you live in.
Again, you probably got scratches or paint chips which begin allowing the formation of rust. A full metal door or hood is not cheap to replace. Plastic panels don't rust, are cheap to replace and can be painted any thing you want.

----
But I guess some people enjoy driving a dented rust bucket. what do I know.
GM`S SATURN DRIVES THE HOPES OF PLASTICS INDUSTRY

Last edited by Cecily; 04-19-2021 at 09:09 AM..
Old 04-19-2021, 09:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
one of the best movies of all times
Old 04-19-2021, 09:36 AM
Banned

this is the future of death machines
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-19-2021, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsnowls [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a 2015 GTI I bought new.. still love it.
A Golf? I know those. Serious question--HOW can you like it? It's tiny. The front seat is smaller than my sunday driver car's back seat. The interior is cramped, the seats are as hard as park benches, and the suspension might as well be made out of granite. Can't even call it a track car, because it isn't. What does it have going for it? I can understand buying one if the price was right and it was what you could afford--that's legit--but how could a person genuinely like something like that? I'm not trying to lambast you; I truly don't understand. Do you live in a city and only ever drive short distances and want small size and tight turning diameter? Do you live someplace down south with perfect roads where a hard ride doesn't matter? Enlighten me.

Otherwise, if you want a small truck, I'll toss in a vote for the old (NOT the new) Ranger. Thing was strongly-built and almost indestructible. I watched one go for who-knows-how many miles (the owner forgot how many times he rolled it over), then when the torque converter started failing, he overfilled the transmission oil on purpose to over-pressure it, and it somehow held together without blowing out the seals, and ran fine another 4 or 5 years that way until eventually the frame finally rusted through and the truck broke in half with just the body holding it together. It wasn't babied, either, it had been so badly overloaded so many times doing commercial work that the entire vehicle was bent and ran permanently askew. Thing just kept on going. 3 liter vulcan engine is probably the best one. The Ford 2.3 was never particularly good and the larger/later 6's had more problems.

I am not a fan of the Tacoma. It's kind of an insult because the rest of the world gets the similar but superior (stronger-built/etc) Hilux. If you can find a Hilux--people import them once in awhile--those things are another case of it'll run until it turns into a pile of rust-colored dust.

Modern pickups seem huge. A nominally 1-ton F-350 feels as big as the F-600 flatbed I had to drive once in awhile, years ago. Driving those things cured me of any love for stick shifts.

Danth
Old 04-19-2021, 09:35 PM
Planar Protector

All toyota pickups are hands down the absolute best compared to any in class vehicle. The frame on an older ranger is a joke it cant compete with toyota. But ford and dodge win when it comes to bigger pickups because toyota doesnt have a diesel pickup here and its still smaller than a 1 ton ford or dodge 5.9 or 7.3 era. Also only ford amd dodge offer a 1 ton solid front axle pickup
Old 04-19-2021, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread