Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: At what point do you consider EQ won or completed?
Bronze Armor and lvl 20 11 20.37%
Lvl 50 and Class Quest gear. 14 25.93%
lvl 60 druid and bard tag team in tattered powerleveling whole guilds 3 5.56%
Tradeskills maxed 1 1.85%
Full Vulak Loots (Is this even the best?) Katanas x2 8 14.81%
Manastone, fungi, + other legendary items that get removed/nerfed & dark elf surgery? 7 12.96%
Fishing from the One World Trade Center Pier post sea level rise. 10 18.52%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2021, 10:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also this, Tunare doesn't even drop good loot lols. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ? whyyyy

Like am I the only person here who wanted quests for my dark elf cleric in plane of hate and not to bother getting stupid drops from mobs there? Just so I could run around and listen to the Maestro do his thing? ***Watch*** other raiders wipe from the safety of my faction?
Old 04-19-2021, 10:42 AM
Banned

Every time you log off you win, and every time you log in you lose.
Old 04-19-2021, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also this, Tunare doesn't even drop good loot lols. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ? whyyyy

Like am I the only person here who wanted quests for my dark elf cleric in plane of hate and not to bother getting stupid drops from mobs there? Just so I could run around and listen to the Maestro do his thing? What other raiders wipe from the safety of my faction?
Planes were a huge missed opportunity that catered to the pixel sickness which had infected The Vision since not long after the very first zones were completed.

Qeynos = amazing in depth city, most other stuff = pixel pinata with no stories.
Old 04-19-2021, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

You win EQ each time you get past Character Creation screen with a half decent name.
Old 04-19-2021, 10:48 AM
Banned

I like ur most recent name jimjam is pretty solid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-19-2021, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

I don't see SoW katana and high elf mask as options. I obtained those fairly early, employed, and spent the rest of my alternative career killing the morale of my elf confederates by being a salty bitch all the time. Maybe having all my droppables stolen counts as winning.
Old 04-19-2021, 02:41 PM
Kobold

My own version of "beating p99" was my bard epic and drums of the beast.

The bard epic is so awesome and great for bard as just a huge quality of life improvement. No more "You need an instrument to play this song" or not having to instrument swap if I was being lazy.

Drums of the beast I was given by someone who was quitting p99 and noticed that I helped out the guild without asking for much. I chased after those drums and tried to camp them for a long time and to be given them for essentially being helpful felt like a great honor.

I have no plans of returning to p99 in it's current state and wish you all well on your guild's day in elf court [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-19-2021, 02:47 PM
Aviak

Winning PoP content.
Old 04-19-2021, 05:14 PM
Aviak

I think hardcore raiders fall into three categories:

1. Nostalgia
Casuals, semi-retired, here for fun, do things they missed on Live, etc, they are better than you and they have the insouciance to prove it.

2. Ego
This is your group that cares about gear, yellow text, standing in EC tunnel in BIS, bring up Warder loot in every conversation, they are better than you and have the Sleepers Tomb loot to prove it

3. Competition
Racers, poop sockers, never loggers, seven BIS alts, access to 40 toons, unconquerable DKP hoarded. They are better than you, and they have 97% of content locked down to prove it.

I would have put myself into category 3. It was just fun to win, sweep quakes, etc. No amount of loot can scratch that itch.
Old 04-19-2021, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

That's a nice breakdown. I was definitely a nostalgia hardcore raider. Zero fucks about competition or gear. A lot of fucks being better than the people who gave fucks about that stuff though, and I was. Seriously, how do you get praised for being really good at a class anyone can play? Was I that good or were you all that bad?
Closed Thread