Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 10:16 AM
Banned

*prints an error code out of mouth*

*quickly scans it and hands it over to cecily to throw away*
Old 02-14-2019, 10:24 AM
Banned

I'm here because I want to "fill in the gaps".
Old 02-14-2019, 12:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharptooth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in b4 abomination posts seeking validation and social acceptance on elf forum for drug addicts weirdos and career unemployed

teehee im a girl !
the top 1% are "weirdo" relative to the oxy crunching brewskie breeders

food 4 thot
Old 02-14-2019, 12:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is correct, the distribution could be bimodal, steep, shallow, you don't know, and your rank/percentile depends on that. Think you need access to the data set, and with N=thousands, a computer/spreadsheet to calculate this, because it involves ranking the data.

Even if you had just the standard deviation you could assume a normal curve and estimate your percentile based on how many standard deviations you are from the mean, but you don't have that.
Agree.

Don't need the entire set, but you do need more than you have which is really just you. Look up Cochran's formula and you can calculate what sample size you'd need at any given confidence level. Then you might be able to look to a study for your data.

Ideally I think you'd want to use a study of Americans where weight was taken but not one related to weight loss/gain. Now is there a study like that where you can get the data set? No idea.
Old 02-20-2019, 05:30 AM
Decaying Skeleton

On your place, I wouldn't believe this service for essays. If we will look at https://edureviewer.com/services/aff...rs-com-review/ we will know, that this service has not a very high score in comparing of other writing services. I think, that Werona must ask for apologies.
Old 02-24-2019, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks for the reply, shill.
Old 02-24-2019, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Ok, so I have a good question now.

We keep missing class because I picked an 8am microbiology class during the winter in Maryland like a genius. The evil woman wants to us to bring in the test results we expected from these differentials:

1. Gram Stain - Got this one finished np, easily found information.

2. Oxidative Fermentation (O-F) test - Struggling here, but have results on 2/3
E. coli - Yellow/Yellow = O-F, anaerobic / aerobic fermentation (facultative anaerobe?)
A. faecalis - Green/Green = N/N, nonsaccharolytic (Non-diabetic bacteria)
P. putida - working on it
Control - Green/Green = N/N
Think the word I'm looking for that we haven't actually covered that I remember from 8 years ago here is obligate anaerobe or facultative anaerobe. I THINK this is the differential for that?

3. Phenol Red test
A. faecalis
E. coli
P. stuarti

4. Triple Sugar Iron agar (TSI)
A. faecalis
E. coli
P. stuarti

Haven't gotten to Phenol Red or TSI results yet, but does anyone know of a good database or other resource that would have this information easily accessible? I just need a big list of differential results or characteristics. I'm going to read the procedures more carefully to get an understanding of what the test does, but as far as results I'm in over my head for hard science literacy at this point.

This is important for me to know, but it's ultimately worth 2 points for making up lab attendance and I need my time spent on other things. Any young scientists around?

Update: Ha. There's a strain of P. putida that can live on pure caffeine. That's my spirit prokaryote.
Last edited by Cecily; 02-24-2019 at 03:20 PM..
Old 02-24-2019, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

Obligate anaerobe or facultative anaerobe, I think I'm wrong about that. O or O-F result would differentiate aerobes/facultative anaerobes from obligate, but I think that actual test is oxidase.

Blargh. P putida, I think is oxidative but not sure on fermentation. A different type of Pseudomonas is oxidative, but negative on anaerobic fermentation.
Call that positive for oxidation and be done w/ it.

TSI done
Last edited by Cecily; 02-24-2019 at 04:17 PM..
Old 02-24-2019, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Finished! That took 3 hours lol. Very last bacteria I was checking I found this: Database of Biochemical Tests of Pathogenic Enterobacteriaceae Family

Doesn't cover everything and I had to figure out that d-glucose acid production / d-glucose gas production = phenol red broth, but exactly what I need in the future and good resource for paper! Erwinia amylovora is in enterobacteria family and that is the bacteria that's gonna make apple trees extinct eventually, I think. Probably doing it on that.
Old 02-24-2019, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Hopefully you actually understand the tests and how to interpret the results, and you didn't just look up the results on the internet to fill them in. You will pay the piper on exam/practical day.
Closed Thread