Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2020, 11:34 PM
Aviak

Default Good Bye P99

Hello all,

My name is Woodark and I've been playing P99 since the Green server opened. After taking a 20 year break from EQ, returning to a Norrath full of active and passionate players is probably the most magical thing I'll ever experience.

As many of you know, the Locket of Escape was removed from the game on Tuesday (12/8). The devs forgot to remove the list feature and folks that were on the list (myself included) continued to complete AFK checks for a couple days until being notified that the Locket was removed. I submitted a ticket and this is Menden's response 1 week later:

"I can understand your frustration. And I will say this was oversight by staff, but we will not be handing out lockets to players that were on the list."

When I opened the ticket I explained that I wasn't asking for a locket specifically, but was hoping the GMs would try and make things right. I'm disappointed that the GMs take zero accountability for their mistake and for this reason I am leaving P99.

I would have accepted a sincere apology, but I don't think it would have been too outrageous to give the 3-4 players impacted something. I think back to the 3v3 arena event where the GMs were giving out black sapphires, rubicite armor, and peggy cloaks (just for sitting in the audience)... Or the monthly open raids where people that don't even participate win god/dragon loot... *sigh* ..

Thank you for the adventures! Good bye Norrath! I will sincerely miss you.
Old 12-18-2020, 11:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello all,

My name is Woodark and I've been playing P99 since the Green server opened. After taking a 20 year break from EQ, returning to a Norrath full of active and passionate players is probably the most magical thing I'll ever experience.

As many of you know, the Locket of Escape was removed from the game on Tuesday (12/8). The devs forgot to remove the list feature and folks that were on the list (myself included) continued to complete AFK checks for a couple days until being notified that the Locket was removed. I submitted a ticket and this is Menden's response 1 week later:

"I can understand your frustration. And I will say this was oversight by staff, but we will not be handing out lockets to players that were on the list."

When I opened the ticket I explained that I wasn't asking for a locket specifically, but was hoping the GMs would try and make things right. I'm disappointed that the GMs take zero accountability for their mistake and for this reason I am leaving P99.

I would have accepted a sincere apology, but I don't think it would have been too outrageous to give the 3-4 players impacted something. I think back to the 3v3 arena event where the GMs were giving out black sapphires, rubicite armor, and peggy cloaks (just for sitting in the audience)... Or the monthly open raids where people that don't even participate win god/dragon loot... *sigh* ..

Thank you for the adventures! Good bye Norrath! I will sincerely miss you.
Obligatory "Sorry you didn't get a Locket of Escape"
Old 12-18-2020, 11:48 PM
Banned

so your leaving a game because you didn't get an item?

that's like quitting your job because your boss didn't buy you a Starbucks in the morning
Old 12-18-2020, 11:55 PM
Fire Giant

Hey that's too bad.

Can I have your stuff?
Old 12-18-2020, 11:57 PM
Planar Protector

20 year break? or 20 years for eq to break you. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-18-2020, 11:58 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-19-2020, 12:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey that's too bad.

Can I have your stuff?
yah same here message me on Azile I want free loots if your just gonna throw it away

over some item
Old 12-19-2020, 12:30 AM
Aviak

Holy shit. I have some advice for you. Save your money to pay a street worker at the corner of 82nd and NE Burnside to rub some lotion or oil on your battered backside.

And maybe have them say nice things to you as you apparently need to feel a special need to 'escape' via a damn locket.

Holy Pete, god of Canada, be with you.
Old 12-19-2020, 12:47 AM
Sarnak

Imagine quitting a game because you didn’t get some useless item. Big yikes.
Old 12-19-2020, 12:58 AM
Aviak

if i camped over 70 hours on a list that turned out to be a mistake i'd feel like quitting too, don't blame you at all...

i'm sad to see you go man, you're an awesome dude and didn't deserve to get screwed over by an oversight like that. i grouped with you on my shaman down in the bear pits and had a great time with ya
Closed Thread