Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 02:01 PM
Sarnak

Is this going to be like the last DAoC Emu that I feel was 80% German speaking people?
Old 05-05-2016, 02:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this going to be like the last DAoC Emu that I feel was 80% German speaking people?
Sprechen sie deutsch? Ich bin ein berliner.

I doubt it really ... seems like a lot of people from NA will be joining up.
Old 05-05-2016, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Uthgard is hosted in Germany and most of the players are German.

NA players need to stick together, support each other, and recruit more NA players (across all realms) so we have plenty of action during non-EU times. Population is going to be the best at the launch of open beta and release and I'm sure the NA pop will be healthy for awhile, just gotta see how things are after a year or so and the population dies down a bit.

Also yes it takes some time for Stormur Vakten to email you back, I assume they review and respond to each application individually. I'm in their Discord atm so let me know if you want me to ask them anything.
Old 05-05-2016, 02:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Question (1): How long before you received your confirmation email from Stormguard? It's been almost a half hour now, and yes I checked my spam folder. Maybe they actually see your application first then send you email (someone physically does this)?

Question (2): What is this Darkness Falls?
darkness falls is (imo) the coolest zone ever to be implemented in an MMORPG. it works like this

darkness falls is a pvp/pve zone that people enter to gather lewts. it's one of the best places early game to farm kill monsters in there gather different types of necklaces (based on mob level) and turn those in for lewts. However, that reward doesn't go without risk. The two other realms are able to access this area as well but are only able to ZONE IN (key word) if they own the most keeps. That being said once a realm typically takes over darkness falls they clear out their enemies that previously owned it turning it into a pvp warzone. that being said it become's a ganking paradise where you don't know what lies beyond the corner. Also to note you can camp out and darkness falls at any time and zone back in, but you can't zone in through the main method. Once you DIE you won't be able to zone back in through the main entryway. So it turns into this exciting zone where if you die there goes the fun.

also ladros you might want to look into auto training your sb

more information about both these topics below:
http://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=13665
http://camelotherald.wikia.com/wiki/Darkness_Falls
Old 05-05-2016, 02:50 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Hi all,

If you like vikings, DAoC, and/or the idea of killing whoever is headed to Hib from P99, you should join us in Stormur Vakten. We're a casual, but organized bunch that plan to play the beta somewhat lightly and really dive in once Uthgard goes live.

We'd like to specialize in keep defense/assault as we get going, but we'll have to see how things go in beta. All classes welcome.

Couple of notes:

[1] Lados, that's my bad. The system is not automated, and I should have made that clear. Looks like you're in now. I've clarified that on the form.

[2] If you've never played DAoC, we still want you.

[3] We're trying to build a multi-game community over here at Stormur Vakten. So if you want to bounce between games, that's totally fine. We're in this for the long haul.

For more info, check us out

stormurvakten.weebly.com

-Warvok
Old 05-06-2016, 12:52 PM
Kobold

Bump to the top, come check us out please. stormurvakten.weebly.com
Old 05-06-2016, 01:01 PM
Fire Giant

will be playing a pac healer -- dps for me!!
Old 05-07-2016, 11:20 AM
Kobold

Registered with SV and client downloaded. Name on forums and in game is Drauglin. Headed to work now but just played a few minutes and it felt real smooth. See you guys soon!
Old 05-07-2016, 12:22 PM
Skeleton

When I click the Uthgard Launcher, I get an error message saying "The program can't start because api-ms-win-core-file-l2-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." I've reinstalled DAoC client and patched again and still get the message. I have no clue what this means.
Old 05-07-2016, 01:45 PM
Skeleton

Solution is in the "getting started" walkthrough now. Disregard.
Closed Thread