Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 02:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And? Massively higher percentages of players would get to experience content, so who cares if the people who play more join more guilds and raid more? Honestly that'd probably be a good thing, as they'd bring knowledge about high end encounters to smaller guilds and help them succeed at raid encounters.

Nothing about that would deny the people who aren't as "hardcore" from getting to experience more of the game. And last I checked that was the entire point of this project: letting (as many people as possible) experience classic EQ. Not just letting people experience classic EQ groups and soloing.
Joining AM, AG, or Core doesn't require hardcore play hours. If you aren't seeing endgame content it's your own fault.
Old 03-22-2019, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Argue that FTE messages (not classic at all) and the P99 style of competition (which again, is nothing like classic EQ) is better, if you truly believe that. Argue that the absolute most dedicated players on the server should be the only ones to ever get to see certain content, if you truly believe that.

But make such an argument honestly if you're going to, don't do it with cheap shots and false equivalencies.
It's not a cheap shot, instancing raid zones would solve all the current issues and let staff deal with real problems on the server like the boxers, RMTers and all the people cybering in Kelethin. If you want to eliminate all possibility of GM intervention and raid rule fiascos then this is the best option. Who cares if 10x as much ToV loot exists on the server than "should" exist? It's gonna sit in Velious for eternity anyway. The only two options that would have any meaningful impact are to instance raid zones or just stop CSR in them. Personally I don't think the scene is that problematic as it is, but if the server wants significant change that's the only way to do it.
Old 03-22-2019, 03:02 PM
Fire Giant

Not sure if you've noticed from the patch history but there isn't an army of C coders waiting to program for p99 for free. Requesting a feature that this old game wasn't designed to handle (instances) is out of the question.
Old 03-22-2019, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

I mean I guess it kinda boils down to there being just different perspectives of how this game should be played.

I personally find enjoyment from progressing my characters and yes, I do gain some satisfaction knowing that I have an essence of nature and not every other enchanter has one. I gain a sense of satisfaction from having achieved such a nice item.

Now if the situation was that we did rotations, yes giving everyone a fair chance and lowering barrier to entry, I (personally) would suddenly have much less interest in the game because I've experienced the content forever, I'm familiar with all the fights so when it comes to raid content, I'm just trying to secure some loot that (ideally) is special enough that there is some barrier to getting such an item.

I'm not really equating rotations to hand outs but rotations makes it a game of waiting rather than being engaging and worth spending time on. I get that you still have to actually kill the dragons and for some guilds maybe this is challenging and exciting and good for them.

But ultimately I guess your right, rotations means tov nonsense is done, we can all just take turns killing dragons and hope the stuff you want falls on your turn

/shrug.
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 03-22-2019, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Joining AM, AG, or Core doesn't require hardcore play hours. If you aren't seeing endgame content it's your own fault.
Blame the victim, another dishonest debate tactic.

Look, however many hours of EverQuest you play is not a virtue signal. If you join a "hardcore" guild (AM/AG/Core) that doesn't inherently entitle you to see Yelinak and someone else not to. So when you try to make it the fault of everyone who's not in a top-end guild, because of your assumption that those people "deserve" the content more than others, and then use that assumption to justify blaming other people for just wanting to play the game ... you're still not arguing honestly.

If this is what you believe then be honest and argue for it! Say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii
I believe that it's fair and in the best interest of everyone on the server that the members of Core, AM, and AG are the only ones who will ever get to see Yelinak
If you truly feel that way, while I would disagree, I would respect you for honestly stating your position.

But don't blame other people for playing less than you do or playing in a different guild and wanting to see dragons, as if they're somehow inherently undeserving and that's an obvious fact.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-22-2019, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure if you've noticed from the patch history but there isn't an army of C coders waiting to program for p99 for free. Requesting a feature that this old game wasn't designed to handle (instances) is out of the question.
Well lucky for them the EQemu people figured it out about 10 years ago. Instancing is definitely possible on this server.
Old 03-22-2019, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loot rights going to the dps/xp group is already hard coded... if it is a dps race by guild/alliance... well then that would be problematic.
Old 03-22-2019, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

"It's 2019 and I still can't get Vulak loot. Please make more rules/less rules/enforce rules/ban competition so I can win EQ"
Old 03-22-2019, 03:18 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

joining multiple guilds carries the implied threat of colluding with other high effort players to corrupt the loot process to benefit themselves. its like the magnetic nature of capital.

and that's OK.
Old 03-22-2019, 03:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Anyways, IMO the server would be more fun if the rules were as simple as:
1) Rooted raid mobs, or a rule to fight targets only where they spawn. The current SB Idol meta is ridiculous and creates an environment where guilds are centered around a few key play makers rather than a full guild effort. Plus it creates unintentional training.
2) No training other guilds.
3) FTE determines kill, as it is now.
Perma rooting the mobs opens up all kinds of questions about stalling. (see yelinak) I'm not advocating this but if you're going to perma root a mob, make sure it starts summoning players when it's at 100% health rather than 97%.
Closed Thread