Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Easiest way to kill VT: frantically send /tells to the nearest Torpor shaman and offer compensation.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-07-2017, 04:56 PM
Sarnak

Clickeys and not shit charm luck

Reaper, soulfire backup, wand/strings for instant recharm are the biggest contributors. Can't do 15k HP guards anymore which kind of sucks but give em good weapons and haste.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by P99Druid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not hard but it isn't easy either, takes luck and preparation, sometimes preparation H after the 5 days of staring at an empty room.
Very clever. I laughed.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

Vessel is just bringing 2 Hasted Troopers to him. Charm one, have the other one rooted (would not recommend mezzing it). Have Bedlam and Rune Up. Have Boltrans, Reoccurring Amnesia, and Memory Flux memmed. Try to use pet back off to blow his summon when your pet starts getting low so that you can channel a Boltrans on your charm dude without him hitting you yet. Your then goal is to blur him before he kills you. Bit of charm luck required, but easy to CR yourself if needed. Alternatively, use a wand of allure.

You can do Verina with CHeal charges, but it's such a high risk mob (on Blue at least) that you're better off just paying for some backup.

Edit: Wasn't aware guards were nerfed? You can grab a level 50 merchant. Merchant NPCs usually have crazy AC for some reason. You'll just have to bring some weapons to itemize em.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:30 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks Pasi, that's good advice.

I agree Verina isn't something I'd want to solo, I certainly don't enjoy using clickies or investing that kind of time for one fight (getting a soulfire, finding puppet strings to borrow from someone etc).

Good replies all around <3
Old 01-08-2017, 08:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I agree Verina isn't something I'd want to solo, I certainly don't enjoy using clickies or investing that kind of time for one fight (getting a soulfire, finding puppet strings to borrow from someone etc).

You don't need puppet strings. I used wand of allure. They are inexpensive and rechargeable. Very affordable compared to Puppet Strings.

Also, as long as you land slow on verina tomb fairly early in the fight (less than 3 resists), the fight is very easy.

Just make you sure you spam a lot of ToT and Mana Sieve on her so she can't CH at the end. She's a classic mob so she doesn't have a ton of mana and you can easily OOM her before she needs to CH herself.

GL on your encounter.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Don't try to get BDA to help. They'll steal your VT.

#stillbitter

http://s9.postimg.org/dio6csqnz/EQ000357.png
Old 01-08-2017, 11:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't try to get BDA to help. They'll steal your VT.

#stillbitter

http://s9.postimg.org/dio6csqnz/EQ000357.png
I'd be bitter too. That's some low shit, although not surprising in the least.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Its a craps shoot. I don't know why you would face track a mob for five irl days without an actual plan for how to kill it if it pops, especially when you know its contested.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:49 AM
Sarnak

Do VD/VT have the highest variance on any spawns on the server? not sure of anything else with a 5 day window.
Closed Thread