Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have money to invest warrior class is quite fun and the power of the class exponentially takes off at 52 and approaches god mode by level 60.
I had an ultra twinkle warrior and she didn’t make it to 30 before it killed the game for me. I think people who play pure melees can only really stand 1 out the 3. I knew rogue mains who got horribly bored by monk and that’s what happened to me with warrior. Monk seems boring, too.
Old 12-14-2018, 04:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had an ultra twinkle warrior and she didn’t make it to 30 before it killed the game for me. I think people who play pure melees can only really stand 1 out the 3. I knew rogue mains who got horribly bored by monk and that’s what happened to me with warrior. Monk seems boring, too.
Rogue is dope, love mine. Loved monks on Live and sure I would like it here. Never ever played a warrior, they look dope in armor but was always convinced I would get bored. Maybe I should try though.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:16 PM
Banned

the bourgeoisie are the kingmakers. as they go so goes the nation.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A+
Old 12-14-2018, 05:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
can the Bourgeoisie solo or is it group-dependent?
Old 12-14-2018, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have money to invest warrior class is quite fun and the power of the class exponentially takes off at 52 and approaches god mode by level 60.
The challenge of gearing up a warrior as it levels is also a lot of fun, especially if you go the self looted / quested route.

I think the only gear strategy that sucks the fun out of warrior is if you try to use the warrior to bankroll itself into good gear. That's not really feasible until you get to the point where warrior becomes the number 1 desired tank for content. And at that point you could just hunt for your own gear with your pals instead of farming / buying.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:30 PM
Planar Protector

The one that you enjoy is the best class.
Old 12-15-2018, 01:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The one that you enjoy is the best class.
Mildly disagree. As Yendor paraphratically put it so well, a ranger is fun for you but not for anyone else. There’s a perceived usefulness or social value of a class to consider and also how entertaining it is to the individual. Especially when we consider classes in terms of “best”, the discussion defaults to one or the other of these ideas and that’s maybe not the best way to look at it. I would consider the best class to be whatever an individual finds entertaining, but also isn’t effectively a social pariah. Who the fuck invited the ranger? Old example, but I lived enough of that leveling mine. Ranger was very fun to play; however, to date, zero people have been excited I brought my ranger instead of my rogue.
Old 12-15-2018, 01:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can tank hot just fine on mine
Your gear may be a little bit above us common folk :P

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 12-15-2018, 01:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mildly disagree. As Yendor paraphratically put it so well, a ranger is fun for you but not for anyone else.
I think my old original quote was "Playing a ranger is like masturbation... fun for you but not for anyone else."

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Closed Thread