Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 11:43 AM
Kobold

This is incredible. Bravo and keep going with it please!
Old 01-15-2019, 02:08 PM
Sarnak

Quit trying to ruin my immersion
Old 01-15-2019, 08:19 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Hey guys, I am looking for your feedback on the NPC cards we have in EQExplorer. There are currently three variants (two of which are variants of the same design), although I am tinkering around with other ideas and edits. Your feedback will help me create the best user-friendly experience, while hopefully allowing us to create a wholly unique overall design.

https://imgur.com/a/BdccuVT
Last edited by skjoldinbrothr; 01-15-2019 at 08:22 PM..
Old 01-15-2019, 08:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skjoldinbrothr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys, I am looking for your feedback on the NPC cards we have in EQExplorer. There are currently three variants (two of which are variants of the same design), although I am tinkering around with other ideas and edits. Your feedback will help me create the best user-friendly experience, while hopefully allowing us to create a wholly unique overall design.

https://imgur.com/a/BdccuVT
I like the top one the most, with the MtG look(although i think the old MtG design was best)
Old 01-15-2019, 11:05 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like the top one the most, with the MtG look(although i think the old MtG design was best)
I forgot to mention that the first image was more of an example of where we started (as it is a MtG card). We are looking to make our own unique cards and stay as close to EverQuest as we can when it comes to assets with as little outside influence as possible.That being said, besides the MtG design was there anything about the first card that drew you to it?
Old 01-16-2019, 04:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skjoldinbrothr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I forgot to mention that the first image was more of an example of where we started (as it is a MtG card). We are looking to make our own unique cards and stay as close to EverQuest as we can when it comes to assets with as little outside influence as possible.That being said, besides the MtG design was there anything about the first card that drew you to it?
I liked the neat and clean look of it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] also Ive been playing MtG on and off since '96 so hehe.
Who woulndt love to see MtG cards with EQ motifs and lore <3
Old 01-16-2019, 04:30 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I liked the neat and clean look of it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] also Ive been playing MtG on and off since '96 so hehe.
Who woulndt love to see MtG cards with EQ motifs and lore <3
I will keep that in mind moving forward. Of the other two, which do you prefer and why?
Old 01-17-2019, 04:31 AM
Planar Protector

Amazing work.

Any way to load a different zone?
Old 01-17-2019, 11:21 AM
Aviak

Not yet. Working on Sebilis at the moment [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. What I may do is just "dump" the bare zones themselves in so people can at least fly around them. Then we can add the map content later when we have time.
Old 01-17-2019, 03:43 PM
Aviak

Update!

Working on a system to make all zones available. The initial idea was to have this as one entire program with the hopes that doing just the zones would make it small enough to go that route. Yea right! Instead, the main link (http://legendreaders.com/eqexplorer/) is now a simple HTML page, with links to the individual zones being available there.

Current zones available:

Temple of Veeshan (incomplete)
Old Sebilis (incomplete)
Plane of Fear (zone only)

Right now, the idea is to just get the zones out without taking the time to add content. That way users can at least fly around and explore. All the content and bells and whistles will be added later.

If a particular zone's background music hasn't been added, then the option to adjust audio will not be present.
Closed Thread