Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2019, 11:35 AM
Fire Giant

I camped Chopin for about 3 levels recently. People are sitting in a dumb place or are fighting him a few feet off the wall where he spawns and then they get aggro from others pulls. I sat directly behind the corner in which he spawns and fought him there. Dozens of pulls went through the room while I was there for 3 levels and not once did I get aggro.
Old 12-15-2019, 01:53 PM
Banned

Limit guilds to 30 players. Problem solved.
Old 12-15-2019, 10:08 PM
Sarnak

Sizar sounds smart I want to group with him.
Old 12-16-2019, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They should just reduce the zem to 75 and poof all their problems are gone
Doubtful. The ZEM is a nice boost, but even without it you'd probably still have a ton of people in there. It's still a very lucrative zone cash-wise for pretty much any camp you're doing there, plus a neutral vendor who will sell to any class/race, a bank, and ability to bind in zone. Plus also being centrally located and not difficult to get to. It's easily one of th best places to XP, even outside of the classic era.

I doubt you'd see a significant amount of people leaving the zone if you reduced the ZEM.
Old 12-17-2019, 08:48 AM
Orc

I’ve been in hhk on teal for a couple days in a few different camps and most of not all problems stem from the nobles group.
They constantly facepull Bosec from the basement and Boshinko from his parapet and any guards that are in their path. In doing so they inevitably run across people doing blayle/lancel, bicker in the next room, Fulton by the staircase and potentially the person in Chopins room depending on their race / hp / faction these level 35 and 40 mobs destroy people just trying to level normally. That’s like 5 camps they potentially disrupt to eek out just a bit more xp.
Old 12-17-2019, 09:40 AM
Banned

They have Kingdom people parked at any camp that is worth a damn. Basically if you are not in kingdom you will be lucky to get any decent loot. They have Lucan camped 24/7 too. Damn shame that they allow mega guilds to ruin their servers. Notice how the population started falling already?
Old 12-17-2019, 11:27 AM
Aviak

Chopin is a special camp that got me thru my high 20's low 30's.

This camp does come with a draw back and that's the nobles. As a DE Necro I was hate by guards/nobles/and bards.

I knew I had to hug the wall where Chopin spawns and quickly learn you NEVER sit by the door unless you want a quick death.

I think it was Isabella that would path thru Chopins room even if no one was doing nobles and KOS me. If I was duo with say a Monk or Mage they would watch as I smash my FD key trying to survive the beating.

As many have said HK is not the faint of heart but dam that exp/money was worth it.
Old 12-17-2019, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust1d? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They have Kingdom people parked at any camp that is worth a damn. Basically if you are not in kingdom you will be lucky to get any decent loot. They have Lucan camped 24/7 too. Damn shame that they allow mega guilds to ruin their servers. Notice how the population started falling already?
Lucan spawns once per week in this timeline, not daily. Why are you bitching about shit that you clearly have so little knowledge of that it doesn't even affect your gameplay?

How is the server "ruined" by a guild killing every Lucan? Are you in a competing guild that tried to camp it?

What other "camps worth a damn" are being monopolized? Sure looks to me like tons of stuff in Lguk, MM, Kedge, Solb is being farmed and sold at EC by individuals with other guild tags or unguilded people. All the legacy camps are a diversity of players on teal too.
Old 12-17-2019, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

As for Highkeep in general, this shit has been a mess on blue forever too. I totally disagree about nerfing ZEM, the place is not THAT damn good for full groups killing nobles that they would still do it without the bonus.

On blue with twink gear and over 50 levels it was more solo/duos and because a monk and/or shaman could exist and level by themselves there was less incentive to pull every high level mob to one spot. Typically someone would claim nobles, another bards, another Bosh by himself, etc, and people knew camp rules prevented as much monopolization as we see right now on Teal.

So Bosh wasn't necessarily getting pulled/trained through a ton of guards all the time since some single monk was already camping him, leaving the nobles farmer to stay in place.
Old 12-17-2019, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

If you are doing Chopin you can use the table to LoS isabella/pulls/chopin.
Closed Thread