Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 05:53 PM
Fire Giant

Green will be successful regardless of either of these options. Nothing will stop the shit show thats going to go down on that server.

You guys go hard and get the fuck outa the starting zones, i'll make my little necro a week after launch when its cooled down =D

ps. hi dald
Oralen - 60 Ranger <Core>
Old 06-28-2019, 11:25 PM
Kobold

Number 1 is fine, number 2 is dumb AF. I wasn't there for them, but after hearing the stories from friends that lived through the VP train years in TMO and IB, it's the perfect way to destroy green in an instant. All night trains, impossible to engage anything cleanly, until eventually one side is just too exhausted to continue? If you think that wont happen again, you are delusional. People intentionally train now out of spite and irritation, imagine if they didn't get suspended for a week? It would never stop.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:07 AM
Planar Protector

why was daldaen unbanned

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:40 AM
Planar Protector

I ate popcorn for the VP trains. It was stupid. It created a lot of bad blood. It wasn't fun. A very small group of people can keep a very large group of people stalled out.

@OP, Dald... I'm usually onboard with what is on your mind, but this is a bit far out there. I'm not following your train of thought. I would prefer a new PvP server to this, which has been proven not to work.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 06-29-2019, 06:26 AM
Aviak

Why would GM's ban RMT? That's how they make money from bigger guild neckbeards
Old 06-29-2019, 07:38 AM
Planar Protector

Not. Classic.

Shame on you, Dald.
Old 06-29-2019, 08:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why was daldaen unbanned
not classic
Old 06-29-2019, 09:57 AM
Sarnak

LOL Anyone notice that so far the only person to directly disagree with OP proposal aimed at limiting neckbeard monopolizing camps on both servers simultaneously is tagged...<Aftermath>
Last edited by Duckwalk; 06-29-2019 at 09:59 AM..
Old 06-29-2019, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckwalk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL Anyone notice that so far the only person to directly disagree with OP proposal aimed at limiting neckbeard monopolizing camps on both servers simultaneously is tagged...<Aftermath>
Seems pretty irrelevant to me. I can't imagine blue will be much more than a ghost town once green is out, assuming green actually releases as a restart of blue but with classic patch timeline.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not. Classic.

Shame on you, Dald.
Be honest. How many times did you hear about a GM resolving a camp dispute on Live. I know I never had contact with any GM until probably OoW when a quest bugged. And I’d never heard of anyone having interactions with GMs prior to this excluding GM events. If be willing to bet this isn’t the common experience. People just didn’t involve GMs in their disputes frequently.

It’s far more commonplace on P99 because nerds love petitionquest too much. I’ve seen people use it for the most petty of camp disputes in unrest and Mistmoore when they feel someone pulls a few trash mobs from their area. In the raid scene you have about 30 rules of which are the creation of 30 imaginary lines you cannot have more than 2 people past otherwise you are suspended for killing a mob.

It’s just too much going on and should be simplified. The staff is keen on letting people compete with the 16 hour variance Windows. Let them truly compete by being the biggest neckbeards. If a guild wants to farm fire giants and sit in Nagafen’s lair for 16 hours have fun. This is no more dumb than having groups at entrance ready to run up and engage a dragon. If someone gets tired of the biggest neckbeards poopsocking for hours on end you can train them. If this person regularly is a trainer they can get shuned or you can retaliate in kind when they’re EXPing.
Last edited by Daldaen; 06-29-2019 at 10:50 AM..
Closed Thread