Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 07-07-2022, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jboots/sow pots, root nets, sow pots, DPS is actually decent, scepter of forlon, cobalt greaves/indicolate BP/ring of shadows/invis pots, slow clicky hammer....

Oh wow, it's like a ranger but better.
Oh wow having to basically rebuild an entire class out of clickies and expensive gear in order for it to be somewhat functional
Old 07-07-2022, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Not so different to casters which only start with a shield buff and a damage or heal spell…

Collecting utility items is fun.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 07-07-2022, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

Going to agree with warrior being busted from a design standpoint. Thank god there are people out there who enjoy playing a broken, but needed class.
Old 07-07-2022, 04:11 PM
Banned

Reminder: If you said anything other than druid you answered incorrectly

Hope this helps
Old 07-07-2022, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reminder: If you said anything other than druid you answered incorrectly

Hope this helps
I guess for Druid depends on what level range. Until like the mid to late 30s they're totally fine as main healers so in that sense they're not underpowered for a group. And even in the late levels in some of the dicey dungeons I'll take a Druid with the ability to evac us out and adding their buffs and spot healing etc. over a wizard who can also evac but casts one nuke every several minutes. So yeah I'm still going with wizard as most underpowered in a group context.
Old 07-07-2022, 05:45 PM
Sarnak

I've played every class except Wiz to 60, and i would say Warrior honestly.

He definitely felt the weakest to me, at least. I know top end Warriors wreck shop though.
Old 07-11-2022, 06:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Putting 50% weight on soloability makes no sense, the game is made to be played with other people and that's how you will accomplish the most.
Are you and I playing the same P99? Yeah, I totally agree with you that soloing was NOT classic for the most part. But P99 isn't classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-11-2022, 11:36 PM
Planar Protector

Caster classes soloing was definitely classic but you're not going to get the best gear or experience the best content like that, and even for leveling purposes it's often best to duo anyway, so I don't see the point in rating soloing as such a hugely important thing.
Old 07-12-2022, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Caster classes soloing was definitely classic but you're not going to get the best gear or experience the best content like that, and even for leveling purposes it's often best to duo anyway, so I don't see the point in rating soloing as such a hugely important thing.
Generally yeah but depends on the level. Up to like the 50s it can definitely be more efficient to solo because the mobs are easier and you can shred through them relatively quickly with little issue. Once you hit the 50s though for sure it gets more efficient to duo except in a few instances with specific classes in specific zones.
Old 07-12-2022, 08:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I'm talking about the degree to which it is done. I'm not saying it wasn't possible to solo, I'm saying it's far more prevalent for people to be soloing in P99 (and also just duo/trio instead of full group) than it was in classic. I played enchanter also in classic and you could not solo nearly as easily as you can today in P99. The difference in internet connectivity alone makes a huge difference for your ability to react to charm breaks. Having audio triggers and timers through programs like GINA also makes a gigantic difference. In P99, every single Enchanter is stacking as much CHA as they can from the get go, all are getting JBoots and goblin rings - this wasn't the case in live. And it's just completely different cultures and game knowledge between classic and P99 today.