Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 07-12-2022, 07:58 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Finding groups to level with - Need Advice

Let me start by saying that the Blue server has been fun so far. A number of kind people have given or sold me things at a discount, buffed me to help me solo and have been very supportive.

I need advice on how to get a group to level with though. When I played EQ back in the late 90s I was almost always in a group to level. What is the best way to find a group to speed up the leveling process? I am currently a LVL 10 Shaman and have no luck when I LFG LVL 10 Shaman. Also asking around the Tunnel often nets me good buffs but no group.

Any polite advice would be appreciated.

Dophine
Old 07-12-2022, 09:12 AM
Fire Giant

low levels it's tough. Your best bet it to keep /lfg flagged and keep doing what you're doing.

Another trick is doing a /who all lfg within your level range. for example /who all 10 15 will show everyone on the server who has lfg flagged within levels 10 and 15. It takes some work, but you send tells to all them seeing if they want to team up.

you'll find most people follow a set path of zones/dungeons as they level up. If it's your first time leveling, they can be fun and exciting to see again. As you do your /who searches, those zone will become evident.
Old 07-12-2022, 09:13 AM
Planar Protector

It may not help right now being level 10, but just /who all monk or /who all warrior with a +/-3 level range to your own and find duo partners.
Old 07-16-2022, 12:20 PM
Orc

Soloing around the tunnel is cool for a couple levels. Buffs and safety let you smash lions, scarabs, zombies etc. The front of Guk is great too but less safe. Once you hit 13ish everyone is at the croc beach in Oasis or Unrest. A ride to Butcherblock should be easy in EC and Unrest will have consistent groups for quite a while. After that a lot of people keep South Karana busy, buffs available there too from all the Quillmane campers. Putting a Paw group together is relatively easy at peakish times. Its substantially easier to find lowbie groups on Green but as you get higher, the scarcity of Blue lets you snag some sweet camps. /who alling level range is really the best way to gauge group accessibility. If you're consistently seeing only a few people around your level in the whole game (like I did on Blue) you'll want to learn to solo well.
Old 07-16-2022, 12:28 PM
Sarnak

Green server is better for low level grouping. It would likely be worth it for you to start a character there.

The usual spots for grouping at that level on Antonica (the continent that the tunnel is on) would be the orc camps in East Commonlands and the Derv Camps in Northern Desert of Ro, but they're usually barren these days. So you probably want to go to the other continent, Faydwer. The most popular spots are something like Orc Hill in the Greater Faydark at level 4/5+, then move into Crushbone, then move on to Unrest, then orcs/crocs in Oasis of Marr. Could try Mistmoore sometimes if you want, but that zone's probably dead most of the time I imagine now but maybe you can get a duo or something going if you're lucky. Then like Highkeep basement goblins, Solosek's Eye (Sol A), City of Mist, The Hole. Upper and Lower Guk used to be populated areas where it was pretty easy to find groups, but those zones might be dead for grouping now I think.
Last edited by TripSin; 07-16-2022 at 12:30 PM..