Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 10:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetjan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well at least the thread went the direction I expected. hah

Some of the specifics ..

Enchanter, I went invis and went to grab my corpse. On the way back a 1 mob popped that sees invis and agroed me to the zone in where I was dragging my corpse. Didn't realize until I reached zone in.

I attempted to mez and then was going to drag down and memblur. But everytime I mezzed someone broke mez and caused havok.

Guy who kept breaking mez made a stink about training zone in. I apologized and took ownership for my f-up but tried to explain... Would love folks to read what is said and go .. oh I get it ... but just like here, making assumptions and a crap storm is the preferred method of dealing with something.

haha
Get him!

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:10 PM
Kobold

Thanks Mcoy ... really did come just to vent and this is the category for that for sure.

The situation was fully handled by the end of it, I just didn't think it needed to be a toxic event. I did think this thread would create a toxic response though.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:54 PM
Planar Protector

There are some players on p99 that overreact to the smallest in game occurrences that disrupt their personal gaming experience. That's putting it nicely.

Just apologize, and don't respond if they send belligerent or asinine tells. Otherwise, it will go on for an hour and you will only end up extremely irritated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:58 PM
Kobold

Yeah that is good advice Lhancelot. I should take that advice if it happens again.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetjan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks Mcoy ... really did come just to vent and this is the category for that for sure.

The situation was fully handled by the end of it, I just didn't think it needed to be a toxic event. I did think this thread would create a toxic response though.
Didn’t expect things to get toxic.

Posts directly in rants and flames, acknowledging the thread was going to head in that direction.

Surprised things got toxic.

I think I speak for everyone in this thread when I say “purple monkey dishwasher”
Old 01-24-2018, 11:04 PM
Kobold

I think you read incorrectly .. "Did think" not "didn't".
Old 01-24-2018, 11:05 PM
Kobold

I was referring to the in game when I said didn't.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wfrench1234 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think I speak for everyone in this thread when I say “purple monkey dishwasher”
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yeah that is good advice Lhancelot. I should take that advice if it happens again.
I had a day where I got into a discussion with a guy that blew up on me in MM for over an hour. It was the biggest waste of time I think I have ever had with someone on a game.

After that day, I told myself no matter how retarded someone is, I will just be polite and short with them once I recognize they are an irrational idiot.

So far this has helped me avoid many in game arguments and saved me some mental health too. When you get into it with these types, you only end up feeling as dumb as they behave.

There are tons of helpful good players, but just as irl there are those individuals who are special. Just avoid exchanging tells with them, and you'll be fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:39 AM
Kobold

I don’t understand how everyone has so many problems with other players on this server I’ve been here for years and can count on one hand the amount of toxic situations I’ve found myself in.