Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2022, 02:26 AM
Banned

What’s the deal with Italy? New pres is literally Hitler so bad I’m shaking right now?

I can barely keep up with American politics much less international, but I think it’s cute how other first world countries mirror us. Right wing are all Hitler and the left wing has their anti-fascists protesting them. They need to get some sticks, bear mace, umbrellas and combat boots though. Gonna need that for when they fight whatever Italy’s version of the Proud Boys are

So I guess we are all the same after all, in the little political games we play, just on different continents

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 09-27-2022, 02:30 AM
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you Rob?
Yeah.

And to answer your question, unsunghero, nothing happened. I asked some mod to be ban my forums account because I felt like I was spending too much time here, and I find it easier to deny than taper. It didn't work. Gonna reinstall P1999 tomorrow, I reckon.

I still have a tremendous amount of downtime and I deal with boredom very poorly.The cancer thing is moving in the right direction, she's in remission now, but that means the transplant is soon. Recovery is gonna be tough and prolonged. We'll be holed up the entire fall and winter.

So, we gotta pick out some absolute marathon tv series. Open to suggestions [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] We never did watch any Stargate show, might bark up that tree. She'll wanna watch telenovelas, so there's gonna be some of that. Maybe some of the 90 Day Fiance spinoffs.
Old 09-27-2022, 02:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah.

And to answer your question, unsunghero, nothing happened. I asked some mod to be ban my forums account because I felt like I was spending too much time here, and I find it easier to deny than taper. It didn't work. Gonna reinstall P1999 tomorrow, I reckon.

I still have a tremendous amount of downtime and I deal with boredom very poorly.The cancer thing is moving in the right direction, she's in remission now, but that means the transplant is soon. Recovery is gonna be tough and prolonged. We'll be holed up the entire fall and winter.

So, we gotta pick out some absolute marathon tv series. Open to suggestions [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] We never did watch any Stargate show, might bark up that tree. She'll wanna watch telenovelas, so there's gonna be some of that. Maybe some of the 90 Day Fiance spinoffs.
Oh shit! Well a tentative “welcome back”. I really dunno the best way to respond, if there is a best way. Part of me thinks that if you got too sucked in maybe abstinence really is the way, stick to your guns

But another part thinks you know you best, and maybe finding a healthy balance is easier after a break. I dunno, regardless of what you decide to do I wish you and especially your loved one the best with her illness, rooting for her
Old 09-27-2022, 02:59 AM
Banned

In regards to shows I’ve been very out of the loop on those, can’t help. I did like watching clips of 90 day fiancé though. I like studying people’s behavior and relationships, and it was interesting to sometimes see the “sugar momma” dynamic (rich older lady, young attractive guy) is a thing too, not only the reverse

But I get skeptical like any reality tv show on how much might be scripted [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-27-2022, 05:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What’s the deal with Italy? New pres is literally Hitler so bad I’m shaking right now?

I can barely keep up with American politics much less international, but I think it’s cute how other first world countries mirror us. Right wing are all Hitler and the left wing has their anti-fascists protesting them. They need to get some sticks, bear mace, umbrellas and combat boots though. Gonna need that for when they fight whatever Italy’s version of the Proud Boys are

So I guess we are all the same after all, in the little political games we play, just on different continents

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
They're anti-EU, so they must be smashed with the full weight of the machine.

Plus, anything remotely right wing in Italy or Germany sends people into paranoia mode.

But we'll keep an eye on them to see if they're really fascist - like if they raid the home of political opponents, collude with private companies to spy on citizens, or work with Facebook to track anyone using speech that is 'anti-government' in nature. You know, typical fascist behavior. When they start doing stuff like that, they're definitely fascists.
Old 09-27-2022, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah.

The last four seasons of homeland are good

The first four seasons are not so there’s that haha. Glad your lady is doing better
Old 09-27-2022, 10:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The last four seasons of homeland are good

The first four seasons are not so there’s that haha. Glad your lady is doing better
Season 4 was awesome, what the hell? Peter Quinn is the greatest of all time.
Old 09-27-2022, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Was that the Pakistan one? If so, yes I agree

I meant the early seasons focused on the bipolar lady are not
Old 09-27-2022, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

homeland was like January 6 the TV series only before Americans were afraid of deplorable white people and when they were afraid of Muslims.
Old 09-27-2022, 10:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Was that the Pakistan one? If so, yes I agree

I meant the early seasons focused on the bipolar lady are not
Yeah, the Pakistan one is where they reset the series.

Yeah, Carrie is a mess, I never liked that aspect of the show.

Peter Quinn, however, is badass.
Closed Thread