Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2022, 03:57 PM
Sarnak

Default Magician Epic

Why does the server make it so hard to get an earth staff?

I have played on p99 for 6 years... I figured by now some sort of rotation would come out of this.
Old 01-28-2022, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

It's just the timeline of the server, mang.

There were a lot of epic bottlenecks when they were first released. CT, VS, and Inny were some of the worst. The drops from CT were dispersed to the golems for some epics or were made into the broken golem for Wizards. VSR became a thing. In this way, Wizard and Druid/Ranger(Swiftwind) epics became more obtainable.

But I can remember when the Shattered Emerald of Corruption was easier to get than the stone from VS, so Earthcaller was more common than Swiftwind (Plus - you don't share SEoC with druids like you do VS stones).

Objectively, moving the epic pieces from Inny to the new hate minis wasn't as advantageous as it was with fear golems or VSR. The minis aren't a guaranteed spawn, and the epic drops from them seem super rare. The fact that the earth staff only drops from magister instead of any of the named golems like in fears just sucks.

But that's just what the timeline prescribes.

I could offer tips on getting earth staffs, but at this point in the life of the server, what you really need to do is find a guild that already knows how it works and join up. The odds of getting the earth staff without one really aren't that good.

In the end, do you really need the epic, though? Mages have been hit with nerf after nerf lately and it's just not as appealing. Plus, raids don't really rely on mages for their pets or DPS - they have other roles while raiding.

I wouldn't put so much weight on the mage epic. If you stick with it, you'll get it one day. But it's not really necessary, and it's not worth the heartache.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 01-28-2022, 04:25 PM
Sarnak

Its nostalgia for me. Mage is my favorite class, regardless of how meta they are or not. Its also my highest char. The nerfs are aggravating and I am not sure why they are doing that but still the class just calls to me. Never obtained epic on live because I changed classes to a bard/necro when Velious/Luclin dropped due to guild needs. I just want to hold it... once lol

Feel free to DM me tips lol
Old 01-28-2022, 04:33 PM
Fire Giant

PMed.

You don't need the epic to enjoy your favorite class, grab the baby epics ( air/water staff ) and enjoy. The epic doesn't open that many more doors, it's just awesome to have. There are a lot of issues with the earth staff, the biggest being how rare it is sometimes.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 01-28-2022, 04:59 PM
Fire Giant

Join active raid guild (realistically riot or vanquish since they are only ones seeing magi often), earn dkp, be there when it drops and be willing to drop all your dkp /nod
Old 01-29-2022, 10:18 AM
Kobold

Mage Epic is nerfed anyway. I don't even see the point of trying to get it now.
Old 01-29-2022, 11:10 AM
Sarnak

Make Magi P`Tasa repop timer classic again
Old 01-30-2022, 09:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mage Epic is nerfed anyway. I don't even see the point of trying to get it now.

What was the nerf?
Old 01-30-2022, 10:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by btravis1990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What was the nerf?
Mage pets have bit hit by an “accidental” nerf that reduced their max hit by 15%, so now necro and enchanter pet are better.

It should have been fixed but it hasn’t with the latest patch….

Enjoy playing a magician though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And our epic was so easy that Quillmane also got a major nerf because it was too easy to spawn her.
Old 01-30-2022, 11:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaarsuvius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mage pets have bit hit by an “accidental” nerf that reduced their max hit by 15%, so now necro and enchanter pet are better.

It should have been fixed but it hasn’t with the latest patch….

Enjoy playing a magician though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And our epic was so easy that Quillmane also got a major nerf because it was too easy to spawn her.
There's nothing accidental about it, people found evidence they were hitting too hard and were put back to classic hit tables. Mage pets are still top DPS pets besides charmed pets. The epic pet specifically went from 81 max hit to 67 max hit.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Closed Thread