Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 03-17-2022, 11:39 PM
Large Bat

Default "boxing test" should not be used by GMs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8vTSUsjG2M

I was recently banned by the Project 1999 GMs for "boxing" for getting power-leveled by a guildie that could not complete the boxing test. I performed the test which was figure 8's around the fountains in Unrest and passed myself, however the other person could not citing they were using a laptop and did not have a mouse leading to them not being able to successfully run while doing figure 8's (modern laptops disable trackpad input when keyboard keys are engaged).

This video demonstrates the following.

1. Figure 8's with default setup without mouse (i.e. using laptop with trackpad)
2. Figure 8's with default setup with mouse
3. Figure 8's with strafe setup with mouse
4. Inability to do figure 8's while in motion with strafe setup without a mouse (i.e. using a trackpad on a laptop that is force disabled when keyboard keys are engaged)

The "boxing test" fails to account for individuals that may very well NOT be boxing; but due to their setups are forced into failure by the GMs given the current "boxing test" does not account for alternative setups or lack of a traditional mouse.

TL;DR/DW "boxing test" will generate false positives for people with non-traditional setups and bans for people not boxing. I'm also probably going to quit P99 because this is ridiculous you can be banned for something outside of your control.
Old 03-17-2022, 11:52 PM
Senior Server Guide

Yeah guys, come on!
Old 03-17-2022, 11:59 PM
Planar Protector

Consider not boxing, hope that helps.
Old 03-18-2022, 12:11 AM
Fire Giant

I don't get it. Why did you Box 2 characters if you knew that was against the rule?
Old 03-18-2022, 01:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythrope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8vTSUsjG2M

I was recently banned by the Project 1999 GMs for "boxing" for getting power-leveled by a guildie that could not complete the boxing test.
Who was the guildie? Im sure they should be able to clear it up. Surely you discussed it with them or did they just offer out of no where anonymously? Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 03-18-2022, 01:22 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckwalk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who was the guildie? Im sure they should be able to clear it up. Surely you discussed it with them or did they just offer out of no where anonymously? Inquiring minds want to know.
Good question, I don't know because apparently they were using a guild bot and it was banned too. I'm not sure if anyone came forward because before I knew it KWSM guild leadership removed me from the Discord out on the word of the GMs without letting me defend myself (guilty until proven innocent it seems). I would not be surprised if they didn't come forward after what KWSM did to me.

I'm done with P99, GMs finally got back to my petition and said I'm perma-banned so I lost a lot of nice gear. I'm not going to waste anymore time on a game where GMs can take it all away on a whim when their "test" is prone to false positives.
Old 03-18-2022, 01:29 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckwalk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To add to it, I don't have access to the guild bots from my conversations with people in KWSM -- you need to be "feral" and level 57 or 58 I think with your main to gain access. My main toon was only 55 and I did not have access on Discord.
Old 03-18-2022, 01:34 AM
Large Bat

Weird it's not showing my message before #6 -- I said:

Good question, I don't know because apparently they were using a guild bot and it was banned too. I'm not sure if anyone came forward because before I knew it KWSM leadership removed me from the guild. I would be surprised if anyone came forward now given how switch KWSM were to kotow to the claims by the GMs, the video above shows the test can be legitimately failed.

I think I'm done with P99, it sucks losing hundreds of hours of work you put in on a toon. This was a "first offense" too and the GMs said it's a perma-ban, it does not make any sense but it's their game and I don't feel like playing it if this is their behavior.
Old 03-18-2022, 01:46 AM
Planar Protector

you cant access discord but you get access to a powerlevel bot?
Old 03-18-2022, 01:46 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blistig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah guys, come on!
Why are you antagonizing the situation? This is uncalled for, I'm pointing out a legitimate flaw in the test that isn't being addressed Blistig.