Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 09-14-2022, 06:56 AM
Skeleton

This is all wrong. AGI helps mitigate MAGIC weapons as per classic code. Also helps ALOT with nukes / roots (not DOT). AC on the other hand only help mitigate melee from NON MAGIC weapons (ie : hands, steel weapons etc). So its always better to balance those for versalitity. My paladin has 255 AGI at lvl 60 and he’s a beast tank against casters, but kinda sucks with pure melee mobs with NON MAGIC weapons as he gots lower AC
Old 09-14-2022, 09:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How does this work for monks? I've always held on to a theory that monks have a hidden avoidance formula that is tied to weight limit. Anyone have solid info on that?
I was always under the impression it wasn't necessarily a benefit, it's that adding weight directly reduces their AC. That everything about their AC worked the same as other classes you just start losing it if you're carrying too much as a penalty.
Old 09-14-2022, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakanmer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is all wrong. AGI helps mitigate MAGIC weapons as per classic code. Also helps ALOT with nukes / roots (not DOT). AC on the other hand only help mitigate melee from NON MAGIC weapons (ie : hands, steel weapons etc). So its always better to balance those for versalitity. My paladin has 255 AGI at lvl 60 and he’s a beast tank against casters, but kinda sucks with pure melee mobs with NON MAGIC weapons as he gots lower AC
This post feels like such a classic post.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 09-14-2022, 02:14 PM
Fire Giant

The forums have gotten to the point where I can't tell if people are uninformed, trolling or engaging in some sort of method acting performance art.
Old 09-14-2022, 02:31 PM
Sarnak

We need a brave soul to do some parses

Bring the numbers please!
Old 09-14-2022, 02:38 PM
Aviak

Old 09-14-2022, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakanmer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lolwat
Old 09-14-2022, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lolwat
^this?
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 09-17-2022, 05:57 PM
Kobold

You are going to have a hard time hitting the worn AC softcap after your first 20 levels. Softcap is (lvl*6)+25 (at least on other posts I have read about it). I think it is always better to go with RAW AC over AGI unless you are under 75 AGI. 4.5 AGI per 1 avoidance AC? Again, this was the same equations that gave me the softcap numbers. How correct they are, who knows?
Balamorm<ALS> - Barbarian Rogue
Deetith - Iksar Monk
Old 09-20-2022, 09:56 AM
Skeleton

I leveled my Iksar Nec, Kankersaur, to test the effectiveness of AGI, and AC on a caster, for my own amusement. I basically wanted to see if stacking Avoidance AC made taptanking as a necro more viable. My intention was to try it up to level 50 and see how it worked. Worst case scenario, it wouldn’t work and I would delete him. Surprisingly, the concept worked very well and I taptanked, exclusively, all the way to 60. Had a lot of fun doing it too. Got some videos of the process at https://m.youtube.com/user/CrimsonConcordant. I had gamparse running for a lot of it and have come to some of my own conclusions after parsing AGI and AC gear sets against xp mobs for hours and hours. AGI is not a god stat, but it’s pretty damned good. As with everything in EQ, RNG is still a factor. I would barely get hit on some fights, and others I would get smacked pretty good. Even if it was the same mob, at the same level, a spawn later. On those good/decent RNG fights though, you’d be surprised how often the healing from a lifetap dot recourse, and Vampiric Embrace procs, would out heal the dps from blue con xp mobs. To my knowledge, the only ways to raise Avoidance AC in classic are through AGI, Defense, and Iksar AC bonus. Not even sure if p99 counts Iksar bonus AC as Avoidance, but it should be. There’s a reason why Avoidance AC is so exclusive, and you are limited to finite amounts of it. Setting AGI to 75 and then neglecting it just seems like a really silly way to play the game to me, now. Especially, for melee classes. Sorry I can’t really bring anything numerical to the table right now, other than my 2 cents and some parsing videos, but as I said before, “for my own amusement”. There is still so much I would like to test, if I had more time to play.