Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 11-12-2022, 06:19 AM
Aviak

The snakes in paw maybe? Haven’t tried charming them but about the same level as the higher gators
Old 11-12-2022, 07:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaqua [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The snakes in paw maybe? Haven’t tried charming them but about the same level as the higher gators
have heard of druids doing this to get a couple/few more levels after CT gators green out

no firsthand experience tho
Old 11-12-2022, 07:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After CT gators I can't think of anything in old world until Kedge for charming. I think around 35 I transitioned to quadding the pirates in FV, then random trash dreadlands after that. I didn't pick up charming again until 53ish in the permafrost bear pits.
Overthere --> EJ --> SolB bats --> Chardok --> Bear Pits will get ya to 60 w/o having to quad and not have to go to kedge (underwater kinda blows unless you've got EB item and really know what you're doing)

EJ was surprisingly good...I hung out mainly near the TT zone line and if it went tits up just run over and reset

once you're 42 ish can always leave LFG on or hit up necros / enc that want to duo in CoM (druid is a highly underrated duo partner there w/ those classes) to take a break from charm solo
Last edited by Toxigen; 11-12-2022 at 07:33 AM..
Old 11-12-2022, 11:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Overthere --> EJ --> SolB bats --> Chardok --> Bear Pits will get ya to 60 w/o having to quad and not have to go to kedge (underwater kinda blows unless you've got EB item and really know what you're doing)

EJ was surprisingly good...I hung out mainly near the TT zone line and if it went tits up just run over and reset

once you're 42 ish can always leave LFG on or hit up necros / enc that want to duo in CoM (druid is a highly underrated duo partner there w/ those classes) to take a break from charm solo
I suppose I could try EJ. Overthere hasn’t been worth the effort, quite frankly. Can kill 4 mobs with charm before in oom bc of resists etc, and only getting 1% per kill. So actually slower than just killing green in CT. Bummer

On necro this is when charm really opened up in kaesora. I am spoiled by necro
Old 11-12-2022, 07:01 PM
Aviak

Can’t you charm the spiders in kaesora (and nurga)? No idea if they’re considered animals but sure looks the part at least )
Old 11-12-2022, 07:35 PM
Fire Giant

Spiders aren't animals unfortunately
Old 11-13-2022, 08:01 PM
Orc

You may need a couple of levels. You can handle the lancer swordfish at the entrance but the piercer ones and named one would give you trouble if it spawns. After, a couple levels you should definitely check it out though because it was the BEST xp I found at around those levels and you can stay there for a long time.
Old 11-13-2022, 11:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yeah, forgot about the solb bats. I leveled my druid like 5 years ago when the outdoor ZEM wasn't good. Nice that EJ is an option now. I really like that more outdoor spots are viable.
Old 11-14-2022, 11:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganois [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You may need a couple of levels. You can handle the lancer swordfish at the entrance but the piercer ones and named one would give you trouble if it spawns. After, a couple levels you should definitely check it out though because it was the BEST xp I found at around those levels and you can stay there for a long time.

What level would you recommend for getting started in Kedge? at 40 atm, still dealing with bad resists on mobs in OT / EJ. At least in Kedge I can manastone.

I'm pretty eager to try Kedge, as I've never done it before and druid seems like one of the two perfect toons for it
Old 11-14-2022, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What level would you recommend for getting started in Kedge? at 40 atm, still dealing with bad resists on mobs in OT / EJ. At least in Kedge I can manastone.

I'm pretty eager to try Kedge, as I've never done it before and druid seems like one of the two perfect toons for it
EJ isn't until mid/later 40s, same with Kedge.

Could charm Bloodmaw in GD I suppose.