Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 04:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Every week or two all raid bosses should be spawning at the same time, just like they did on live. THAT IS CLASSIC!
+1

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Old 07-26-2010, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

^
Old 07-26-2010, 02:21 PM
Sarnak

For some reason the Devs hate this idea... they refuse to consider it. As I stated before simply respawning the mobs by hand doesn't seem like it would be much of a pain since you are doing the patch anyway. Perhaps one of the new devs that also play the game could do it for the players sake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-26-2010, 02:40 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

2 points regarding this thread & some incentive:

1) Penalties not steep enough.

2) I'd be willing to make a concession on patch day repops if you jack asses could come to an agreement that doesn't involve the following 3 things.
  1. Complaining
  2. GM intervention
  3. Hatred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Aviak

I think its really great what you're trying to do Dumesh. I personally, really hope we can see a resolution similar to what you have posted.

Aeolwind basically summed up the recipe for success for any system...

Dragon camping will likely not go away with this system as much as it pains me to admit it. The gods, MAYBE, but also unlikely.
This will, however, be useful in Kunark and later. With enough raid targets, epic fights, etc. this can easily deter camping.

With as old as this game is, I don't think there is any question what First to engage really entails. I think the problem lies more in the fact that even if/when something like this is implemented, the second someone feels they lose their entitlement they will go crying to the gm. And the big problem with that, is their views of entitlement can be skewed based on how close they can find loop holes to the letter of the law, and honestly , its not always wrong. Player A took a screenshot at Y time from X angle. Player A /petitions and submits screenshots. Then you consider it is really not difficult to doctor screenshots. So from this we have a GM that has to play judge to 60 people based off of one persons perspective. GM intervention HAS to be at a bug or suspendable/bannable level only.

That being said. As Aeolwind stated, Penalties have to be incredibly steep, or there will be too many people trying to one up the system. Might be a little chaotic at first but I promise when you weed out the problems, things will likely smooth out.

As far as Rants and flames, complaining, and hatred ... That's going to happen. No matter what. You could stand out at Ec tunnel handing out free brass armor and buffs all day, there will always be people that feel some false sense of entitlement and try to ruin things for everyone else. If its not valid, I find it's best to just ignore it.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Excellent proposal, here.

Supreme would get what he wants, too....since Aeolwind would be willing to loosen up on the spawns if agreement is made.

+1 to the idea, and hopefully discussion can work out the rest. No system is perfect, but ya gotta admit this covers a lot of bases.
And it adheres to the KISS system.

Penalties? Permanent account ban. Seriously. Would make people think quite seriously about their actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Last edited by Humerox; 07-26-2010 at 03:32 PM..
Old 07-26-2010, 03:41 PM
Sarnak

Regardless of any system in place I think that guilds like DA/IB will still sit there and camp the mob. There's really no argument guys. Any rule set that isn't forced rotation will result in DA/IB doing what is necessary, spending 24 hrs a day if need be, to get the mobs. Why can't you all just accept it? Some people's degree of nerdom is greater then your own.

Just remember though. If you win the special Olympics you are still retarded. Apply that to this game.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioisk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just remember though. If you win the special Olympics you are still retarded. Apply that to this game.
Too mean...
Old 07-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioisk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any rule set that isn't forced rotation will result in DA/IB doing what is necessary
Overgeneralization, in addition to being incorrect.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Regardless of any system in place I think that guilds like DA/IB will still sit there and camp the mob. There's really no argument guys. Any rule set that isn't forced rotation will result in DA/IB doing what is necessary, spending 24 hrs a day if need be, to get the mobs. Why can't you all just accept it? Some people's degree of nerdom is greater then your own.

Why would we camp a mob for days if we didn't have to be the FIRST 15 in the zone? That is beyond retarded.

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Closed Thread