Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 01:46 PM
Kobold

Default Quick leveling at 35+ for a Shammy?

I leveled my DaP alt Halfling Druid in a staggeringly short amount of time from 35 to 39 by soloing the hag tower in Unrest. Every kill gave about 2% of my XP bar until 38 and I stopped when I started needing 2 - 3 kills for 1%.

I just went wizard mode and root nuked the hell out of them the millisecond they spawned. Turns out they're a piece of cake when they don't have the time to buff themselves.

I'm on my Barbarian Shaman now who's my main, and as you know shammies can't wolf form up to the hag tower unharmed and don't have Harmony to allow me to split the hags and solo them one by one. If I can even get to the tower unscathed in the first place the smallest pull aggros the entire building. I obviously can't reliably do it to 39 like I did on my druid.

So my question is, is there any spot where you could solo your way through 35 - 39 at a rate of about 2% XP per kill that's not as tightly packed as Unrest?

N.B. I considered the halfling guards but I feel way too bad and I don't know when I'll need to afk in rivervale someday. Barbs are a good race so any good race city guards are out of the question unless the xp is REALLY good.

23 y/o forever DM and old school fantasy nerd - Discord: midoo
Odym Drekk
- 54 BAR SHM (main) || Midoo - 52 BAR WAR (alt)

Old 09-09-2019, 01:48 PM
Sarnak

I stayed inside Paw safe room until 37, then proceeded to kill Qeynos guards in NK until 42 or so, followed by specs in Oasis until 46'ish.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Do Kedge entrance swordfish. Use the zoneline to split them, also dont forget shamans have an animal charm that is very powerful with those swordfish.
Last edited by azeth; 09-09-2019 at 02:32 PM..
Old 09-09-2019, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

OT ramp. Get a POTG and/or clarity and just kill around there. You can get the war braids and not be KOS after 5 levels and save 2k.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 09-09-2019, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OT ramp. Get a POTG and/or clarity and just kill around there. You can get the war braids and not be KOS after 5 levels and save 2k.
Also grind with your AFK tag up so people don't ask you for buffs
Old 09-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Aviak

You could just make invis to undead potions. I'd do unrest basement.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostepop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could just make invis to undead potions. I'd do unrest basement.
jesus christ that never actually occurred to me

23 y/o forever DM and old school fantasy nerd - Discord: midoo
Odym Drekk
- 54 BAR SHM (main) || Midoo - 52 BAR WAR (alt)

Old 09-09-2019, 07:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Sola Gnomes. Best xp in the game til 44 solo. They have really high MR though so try to duo with a melee, still amazing xp. You take a faction hit with Soulesek mining co., but kill kobolds in Solb and it raises it.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hixxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sola Gnomes. Best xp in the game til 44 solo. They have really high MR though so try to duo with a melee, still amazing xp. You take a faction hit with Soulesek mining co., but kill kobolds in Solb and it raises it.
I believe that kobolds only restores 1 of the gnome factions you ruin by killing miners. You lose like 5 factions from them or something crazy. Still, who cares about gnomes anyway?
Old 09-09-2019, 08:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
jesus christ that never actually occurred to me
Your avatar is like perfect for your posts lol I love you.
Closed Thread