Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2019, 03:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natewest1987 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol on teal the most toxic are by farrrrrr the high elf enchanters
fake news. These are gnomes under illusion.
Old 11-26-2019, 03:40 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chanters in general seem to be the most toxic population. They seem to be ones leapfrogging full groups to steal named mobs etc (IMO)
When a group is pulling 6 camps it's hardly a leapfrog
Old 11-26-2019, 03:52 AM
Sarnak

Teal has been cool in my experience. Even had a druid split Dyllin Starshine with me and roll for the page since neither of us could kill him fast enough solo to avoid adds. Despite me being originally second in line, he stuck by his word when I won the roll and let me loot the page.

Teal's been full of good guys so far. A couple of people bitching about trains in unrest but are generally understanding when somebody owns up to it in ooc.
Old 11-26-2019, 04:26 AM
Sarnak

I had seen enough toxic shit on Green, and most of it came from one guild. That guild grew by pulling in good people from other guilds, and in turn some of those people turned into toxic asshats. It amazed me how joining a bunch of toxic asshats can in turn turn you into a toxic asshat.

I left to join Teal and I have met great people, and had zero issues with toxic asshats.

If you want toxic free, join Teal.
Old 11-26-2019, 07:37 AM
Kobold

That stuff is all about the camps and mobs that drop the very best/most profitable items. There are huge heaping buttloads of exp and fun to be had in places other than those. You then go to EC and pay what I think of as a jerkass-avoidance tax and buy the very best stuff if you must.

Also focusing on those areas and mobs means following a pretty narrow path leveling that will be very similar class to class. There is a very big world out there to explore, and unless your focus is end game, you're not in a race with anyone or anything.

Lastly, there are actually (IMO) very few situations where having the very best item in slot X is going to make a huge difference over having the second best item. If you find waiting a lot, clicking the same buttons over and over for two hours, and spending hours in forum/online pissing matches with others to be entertaining, also known as raiding, then unfortunately you'll have to deal with some of the toxicity to get the gear required to be of use in that context.

Otherwise, find some other friendly low-stress people (there are lots) and have a great time.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:17 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by vossiewulf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That stuff is all about the camps and mobs that drop the very best/most profitable items. There are huge heaping buttloads of exp and fun to be had in places other than those. You then go to EC and pay what I think of as a jerkass-avoidance tax and buy the very best stuff if you must.

Also focusing on those areas and mobs means following a pretty narrow path leveling that will be very similar class to class. There is a very big world out there to explore, and unless your focus is end game, you're not in a race with anyone or anything.

Lastly, there are actually (IMO) very few situations where having the very best item in slot X is going to make a huge difference over having the second best item. If you find waiting a lot, clicking the same buttons over and over for two hours, and spending hours in forum/online pissing matches with others to be entertaining, also known as raiding, then unfortunately you'll have to deal with some of the toxicity to get the gear required to be of use in that context.

Otherwise, find some other friendly low-stress people (there are lots) and have a great time.
At 35+ there are very few places to level, and it gets worse at 40 and 45.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:45 AM
Fire Giant

Leveled my first character on Green, met a bunch of nice people. Leveling my 2nd character on Teal, also meeting a bunch of nice people. Try putting some positivity out into the server and see if you get some in return instead of just complaining about neckbeards and poopsockers ruining your life on our dumb pixelquest nostalgia server.

I have met a small handful of toxic and/or argumentative people on both servers. I try to squash beef if people think I'm being a jerk @ them, sometimes they are willing to be chill with me, sometimes not but you can't be everybody's friend. Just move on with your life, report the worst people and let the GMs sort them out.

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 11-26-2019, 09:02 AM
Aviak

So far i've been playing on Green and just Hailing those i come across and giving pleasant greetings. Thats how i was taught to play the game.
Old 11-26-2019, 03:23 PM
Kobold

I moved from Green to Teal at lvl 8. Teal seems a lot more chill. My 2cp.
Old 11-26-2019, 03:41 PM
Kobold

Toxic people hang out in toxic areas with other toxic people, then come to the forums to rant about how someone else was better at being toxic than they are.

I've kept to the path less traveled and have had very little drama. I've given up camps to someone else because they could use it more, and have had higher lvls at the edge of a camp being green do the same for me. Been killing guards in WK recently, and seemed like a lot of lower lvls having fun forming groups, almost no drama.