Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2019, 02:40 PM
Fire Giant

OP must be a fucking nightmare in /gu.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*takes selfie with Zanderr Locke*
That guy used to live next door to me!
Old 11-25-2019, 04:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All of the PHers are lower level mobs around paw ....easy to kill, with a very fast respawn time.
The 2 PHs are 1 elephant calf and 1 lioness (at a time) and for the most part they spawn and path in the KFC area. It is possible for them to path near paw but for the most part KFC is the center of the QM PH universe. Each mob has like 7 or 8 potential spawn paths and you get very used to them once you do this camp while actually knowing how to identify a PH. Just wanted to point that out because it seems like you might be wasting your time if you think paw is where you should be killing PHs.

You might want to find a ranger/bard/druid friend to kill the PHs, otherwise you're just blindly killing potential PHs until you get lucky and pop a QM.
Old 11-25-2019, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That guy used to live next door to me!
It must have been a street called Legends Lane. Or A-Team Avenue?
Old 11-25-2019, 06:11 PM
Fire Giant

The reason that 1 person shouldn't be allowed to have claim to QM is that most people who claim they are camping it solo are not capable of even knowing if QM is up.

There have been a couple times back on blue when I would be checking on the camp and there would be some melee class killing PHs and calling QM as camp (meanwhile QM is flying around somewhere else in the zone for a bit and this person doesn't even know it is up.)

For a bard or druid its pretty easy to solo camp but you will still miss out on a few quillmanes if there are people at hermit or centaurs (two popular camps even on blue last year, I can't imagine how it looks on green/teal.)

The sooner you accept that any QM that spawns is not yours the sooner you will be okay with farming it (if you are really up to the task at level 7 or whatever.)
Old 11-26-2019, 12:39 PM
Fire Giant

I used to solo farm quillmane very efficiently just using the lowbies in the zone. I'd bring a bunch of random gear, or a decent amount of plat, and every few minutes I'd offer a piece of gear or some plat to whoever killed the most calfs and lionesses in a 15 minute period. People would put an x in /OOC after every kill, winner would get a prize, and I'd run in circles through his spawn points. Turned the entire zone into my quillmane group. Sure, anyone could have taken my quillmane, but more often than not, its spawn would get called, or I would see it first, and it would be mine. It all depends on your attitude. Every time I showed up, declared him camped, and got hostile, shit sucked. Every time I payed out like 200 plat worth of coin and junk, I got a cloak, had fun, and made friends. So, I learned which option was better for me.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:17 PM
Aviak

We keep saying PH. In fact the lioness and elephant calf are Trigger mobs for Quillmane in that they keep spawning non stop regardless if their death insta triggered a Quillmane spawn.

I do this on my mage solo. I spawned 13 Quillmanes for the guild the other day on Harms.

Usually the zone will cooperate if you call Quillmane but you are always at risk if you do not camp each spawn point as pointed out.

Really though get some friends why try solo?
Old 11-26-2019, 01:23 PM
Fire Giant

Step 1: don't be anti-social

Step 2: join guild

Step 3: plan an all day event with 3 of your BFF's from your awesome guild

Step 4: have one person killing triggers at KFC and the other 3 at each spawn point

Step 5: stay until all 4 people have a cloak.

I've never solo farmed Quill on Blue and yet have a cloak on every single one of my characters (and dozens of my guildies over the years). I will do the same on Teal as soon as my guildies all catch up in levels and can effectively kill the damn horsie. Nothing wrong with this mob. The problem lies with OP

Plush Bufnstuf
Closed Thread