Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2020, 07:45 AM
Planar Protector

Fuckin rangers going after jboots, eat a dick.
Old 01-10-2020, 08:54 AM
Aviak

Hello,

I'm the one who was #2 when he was #1.

Someone warned me of the situation when I was listed #4.
#3 and #2 left.

As a lvl 35 ench I had no problem clearing the camp solo, which he couldn't.

We cleared the camp, he was helping and was nice in /g.

I was a little angry that I was cleaning the camp for someone
else, moreover for a ranger lvl 25 that really don't need it.
I told him that, peacefully I think. He told me his reasons (gcd,...) which I did not agree, but hey I make stranges choices too.

Anyway, there was nothing I could have done, so we kept clearing the camp. After 6h he got his boot and wished me luck.
Rng God was kind cause I got mine 3 spawns later.

I was prepared for that list :
- waited lvl 35 to do it.
- I took my day off and had 18h to camp the boots.
- I woke up early Euro time, so US people were leaving and Euro were not there.

List are not fair, but the whole EQ system revolve about grouping. So if someone is entitled to join the list, I'd say : help him.
If the guy is an ass (not helping, talk trashy...) the only thing u can do is petition.

Good luck everyone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Oups Ench 35.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello,

Someone warned me of the situation when I was listed #4.
#3 and #2 left.

As a lvl 35 ench I had no problem clearing the camp solo, which he couldn't.

We cleared the camp, he was helping and was nice in /g.

I was a little angry that I was cleaning the camp for someone
else, moreover for a ranger lvl 25 that really don't need it.
I told him that, peacefully I think. He told me his reasons (gcd,...) which I did not agree, but hey I make stranges choices too.

Anyway, there was nothing I could have done, so we kept clearing the camp. After 6h he got his boot and wished me luck.
Rng God was kind cause I got mine 3 spawns later.

I was prepared for that list :
- waited lvl 35 to do it.
- I took my day off and had 18h to camp the boots.
- I woke up early Euro time, so US people were leaving and Euro were not there.

List are not fair, but the whole EQ system revolve about grouping. So if someone is entitled to join the list, I'd say : help him.
If the guy is an ass (not helping, talk trashy...) the only thing u can do is petition.

Good luck everyone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Oups Ench 35.
Would have been a much better story if it went like this:

Someone warned me of the situation when I was listed #4. #3 and #2 left. I realized right away that this guy was probably a douche for coming to a camp that, at level 25, would normally require you to bring a group of your own, and then being aggressive about people helping him and petitioning. Instead, he decided to cuckold the rest of us into a group against our will.

As a lvl 35 ench I had no problem clearing the camp solo, which he couldn't because at level 25, you need to bring your own group.

We cleared the camp, he was helping and was nice in /g. Now granted, his help constituted a lot of frenetic movement and button mashing without really any meaningful contribution, since he's a level 25 Ranger and I could have solo'd the camp myself with ease.

I was a little angry that I was cleaning the camp for someone else, moreover for a ranger lvl 25 that really don't need it. I told him that, peacefully I think. He told me his reasons (gcd,...) which I did not agree, but hey I make stranges choices too.

Anyway, I thought there was nothing I could have done, so we kept clearing the camp. Then I realized "Hey, this guy pulled a bullshit move by forcing me into this, so let's take a step back and see how he handles things alone". When Drelzna popped, I let him start it then cast invis and watched. He died, and because he was a melee he had to run a bit. He was struggling against the clock, desperate to make it back in the time allotted, and ended up struggling to get passed the entrance mobs in time. He was removed from the list, now I'm #1, and he learned a valuable lesson about bringing a god damn group or at least a friend or two if you can't actually defeat the mob solo.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:57 AM
Aviak

That was the story of #3, #4.

But GM said :
”GM said if you are #1 you must participate, and other people should help. "

The choice was :
- Trying to get him killed, but is answer would be to not attack mobs till I attack em.
If he died, because I went invis or even gate, the guy would have call a gm , resulting in more drama and maybe me losing my #2.

- Or help him, cause I had plenty of time.

- Or leave the camp cause I have better things to do than working for some other guy. But I took my day off to camp this...

But I totally understand your point, the guy used me. Which he was entitled to do by entering list and gm answer.
That's why it's not fair.
Old 01-10-2020, 12:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That was the story of #3, #4.

But GM said :
”GM said if you are #1 you must participate, and other people should help. "

The choice was :
- Trying to get him killed, but is answer would be to not attack mobs till I attack em.
If he died, because I went invis or even gate, the guy would have call a gm , resulting in more drama and maybe me losing my #2.

- Or help him, cause I had plenty of time.

- Or leave the camp cause I have better things to do than working for some other guy. But I took my day off to camp this...

But I totally understand your point, the guy used me. Which he was entitled to do by entering list and gm answer.
That's why it's not fair.
You could get around #1 by letting him get comfortable, start the fight when Drelzna spawns, and then gate out and say "shit, rl emergency 5min". He'll die, you can run right back in to retain your position, and as far as anyone else is concerned you had to go. Real life trumps games, isn't that what we always say?
Old 01-10-2020, 12:13 PM
Aviak

As I said he would have call a gm, resulting in me losing my rank on list.
Or maybe not, who knows ?

The min lvl for this list should be 35, but ATM it's not.

The guy used the system, and looking at RnF he is not alone.
Old 01-10-2020, 12:20 PM
Kobold

where you at op... dont run already...
Old 01-10-2020, 12:22 PM
Aviak

And look at that :
https://wiki.project1999.com/List_Command

Quote:
So I can just make a toon and get to the minimum level, not participate in any way shape or form of camping the mobs that drop the item, and still get loot rights simply because I'm in level range and not afk...

Game on.
Quote:
. I'm sure you will be hearing from myself or my wonderful Guides if that situation occur
Guide did not that. He should have been booted the ranger of the list.
Old 01-10-2020, 06:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
He told me his reasons (gcd,...) which I did not agree, but hey I make stranges choices too.
How do you not agree though? Jboots are the best clicky GCD for every class in Plane of Fear and Plane of Hate, and still the best one for most classes in Plane of Sky. Which is all of the content in classic that isn't a couple of super weak dragons or a fish that mages can duo/trio.
Old 01-10-2020, 08:32 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
As I said he would have call a gm, resulting in me losing my rank on list.
Or maybe not, who knows ?

The min lvl for this list should be 35, but ATM it's not.

The guy used the system, and looking at RnF he is not alone.
He was petitioned before when he was #1 on the list and not helping. Your situation is many hours later when he finally got back into the #1 slot for the second time.

I can't imagine a GM removing you from the list for not carrying some lowbie alt who thinks he's entitled to the item just because he reached the minimum level.
Closed Thread