Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2011, 12:55 AM
Planar Protector

Default a vampire bat (Erud's Crossing)

These are supposed to be necromancers. I haven't run into any that have cast spells yet. If they spawn as level 14, they should cast a pet.

Quote:
Just killed a lvl 14 bat in Erud's Crossing. Had a skeletal pet and cast a weak dot. Dropped the wand and bat saliva (tradeskill tagged).
Quote:
These bats are Necromancers, sometimes they have a pet. Spells to look out for are fear, darkness (snare DOT), and life tap/spike (not sure)
Quote:
I got a vampire bat in Erud's Crossing one time w/out a pet. at lvl 9 it conned even, and was a pretty hard fight for my monk. Good thing my Mend skill was good. it about countered the Lifetap spells.
Quote:
I was wondering around the island minding my own danged business, when I see a skeleton, having not seen one on the island before I whacked it with a ward undead spell. Big mistake!! all of a sudden this bat starts casting spells on me I've never seen before. So glad I had a lay on hands, or I would have been toast. Maybe if your a caster he and his pet are easy to take out, but I was a lvl 20 pally with full buffs and health and he darn near killed me. So if your a malay class just leave him alone unless you got some casting friends handy
Also I never received the Thin Boned Wand from them. I'm either unlucky, or a) the drop rate is set much lower than classic/live or b) they're not set to drop at all.

Quote:
sometimes the bat with pet on erud crossing drops a wand with 3 charges of a lifetap spell that does 11dmg each time. kind of usefull in a grim situation for any class when you can do an instant 33dmg and get 33hps, also sells to vendor for same amoune even with no charges
Quote:
The vampire bat in eruids crossing does have a thin boned waned, cast a necro drain spell that also heals you i belive it hit/heals for 11 dmg.....I a leve 12 magician w/ pet killed thes thng very easly all it did was cast drains and feer and darckness..all of witch i resisted..and t=for the pet just use banish summond
Quote:
Occasionally in Erud's Crossing you will see a vampire bat with a pet. This is a rare spawn that drops some nice loot in the form of a necro wand. Be careful, though, as it's a bit more difficult than the normal vampire bats, probably around level 12-15, and casts some nasty necro spells.
And various additional information:

Quote:
I just finshed a short run on Kerra Isle, and I managed to get 4 of these wands in about 20 mins... the vampire bat that drops them seems to be one of the only 2 bats on the island (the most I've ever seen at a time), so if it's not there, just kill the normal ones. The spawns on the island are fairly short (except for the Kerra Snake... only ever seen one and it never respawned).
Quote:
I was just hunting there and got 3 of these wands in the span of two hours.
a vampire bat can occasionally drop 2 wands:

Quote:
a wizard friend and i were hunting wisps when this thing poped up, we decided to try it, he nuked out the bat while i killed the pet. i slashed the pet once and it died and the bat never even got to hit my friend. after an easy battle like that the bat dropped two! i dont see why these are so rare.
Quote:
I got one of these from a Vampire Bat in Erud's Crossing. It was fairly high level for the bats, around 12th or 13th, and cast necromancer spells. It even had a pet. It has three charges.

lol wut