Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 11-02-2022, 10:10 AM
Fire Giant

Default Manastone use, Druid or Cleric

Making my swan song toon. Trading a bunch of gear for a manastone. Gonna either play druid or cleric with the manastone.

Have a fungi, have Seahorse Belt, have tons of HP gear. Would a cleric or druid be a better bet for levelling my last toon casually (1-2 hours per morning)

I've got a 55 cleric / 51 druid I can toss the stone on. Would a cleric be able to solo 55-60 with manastone? Straight up nuking mobs?

Or would druid be more successful with manastone?

EDIT: If I picked up my cleric, I wouldn't need Fungi - but I was considering rolling a new cleric for luls (and lulls)
Old 11-02-2022, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

druids going to be way more fun charming w/ a fungi + manastone

cleric is going to be literally nuking undead mobs, manastone / CH up, keep nuking ad nauseam
Last edited by Toxigen; 11-02-2022 at 10:48 AM..
Old 11-02-2022, 10:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
druids going to be way more fun charming w/ a fungi + manastone

cleric is going to be literally nuking undead mobs, manastone / CH up, keep nuking ad nauseam
Kinda figured so. I loved loved loved loved permafrost 55-60 on my shaman. Would be fun to bring druid there too
Old 11-02-2022, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kinda figured so. I loved loved loved loved permafrost 55-60 on my shaman. Would be fun to bring druid there too
Yeah I'd prob do some kedge / solB bats n bugs then head to chardok / perma.
Old 11-02-2022, 12:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I'd prob do some kedge / solB bats n bugs then head to chardok / perma.
Since this is my swan song toon, I might reroll from level 1 - druid. But my druid has peg cloak, so maybe not.

Trading away my elder beads and zlandi heart for this manastone - worse comes to worst I just retire and keep the manastone /shrug
Old 11-02-2022, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since this is my swan song toon, I might reroll from level 1 - druid. But my druid has peg cloak, so maybe not.

Trading away my elder beads and zlandi heart for this manastone - worse comes to worst I just retire and keep the manastone /shrug
Oh yeah it'll be a hoot at level 5. Way better than cleric.
Old 11-02-2022, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Issue with doing it on a druid is that you are a druid. Hope that helps.
Old 11-02-2022, 01:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Issue with doing it on a druid is that you are a druid. Hope that helps.
Thought about this. My play time is very limited now, maybe 2 hours a day max - maybe 4 days a week max.

Druid was the last class I haven't pushed to 55+ that I think would be able to fit into the casual play time.
Old 11-02-2022, 05:08 PM
Kobold

If this was Kunark "The Hole" launch era, when the hole had like 60+ people in it every night, I'd say cleric hands down. Leveling a cleric in groups in the hole with a manastone (and pre-nerf donals BP) was the most fun I ever had on my cleric.

However, unless you can BYOG to the hole, it's not going to be very useful. Most good groups are not in classic zones anymore.

As far as soloing... soloing a cleric is extremely painful with manastone. Literally. Like, you will get RSI from clicking your stone so much. I leveled my cleric in classic from 40-50 on spectres and to keep two spawns down I had to basically be spamming my stone every single moment that I wasn't fighting and by the end I had pretty bad RSI.
Old 11-02-2022, 05:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloEdvardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If this was Kunark "The Hole" launch era, when the hole had like 60+ people in it every night, I'd say cleric hands down. Leveling a cleric in groups in the hole with a manastone (and pre-nerf donals BP) was the most fun I ever had on my cleric.

However, unless you can BYOG to the hole, it's not going to be very useful. Most good groups are not in classic zones anymore.

As far as soloing... soloing a cleric is extremely painful with manastone. Literally. Like, you will get RSI from clicking your stone so much. I leveled my cleric in classic from 40-50 on spectres and to keep two spawns down I had to basically be spamming my stone every single moment that I wasn't fighting and by the end I had pretty bad RSI.
yeah, i kinda figured this. damn.. im not so sold on the manastone anymore, lol.