Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 06:47 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Magic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't really understand the desire to play green, honestly. After putting a couple years into procuring pixels in Velious I'm going to start all over again so I can eventually procure pixels in Velious? Mind blowing.
Currently the leveling experience on blue is very trivialized. (Twinks, easy to get rezzes, overinflated economy)

There were also a lot of exploits that were fixed over time that people have already heavily abused. A lot of people would prefer an even playing field and not have some people with multiple chardok ae leveled characters and plat gained from these kinds of methods.

I'm amazed that people are still playing as hardcore as they are on blue. I quit a while raiding back on blue, but am looking forward to playing on green for a different experience.
Old 08-04-2019, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pindrought [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Currently the leveling experience on blue is very trivialized. (Twinks, easy to get rezzes, overinflated economy)

There were also a lot of exploits that were fixed over time that people have already heavily abused. A lot of people would prefer an even playing field and not have some people with multiple chardok ae leveled characters and plat gained from these kinds of methods.

I'm amazed that people are still playing as hardcore as they are on blue. I quit a while raiding back on blue, but am looking forward to playing on green for a different experience.
In addition to all this, P99 never really got a near-classic pre-expansion era. P99 was very rough and glitchy in its early days and it wasn't until after Kunark had been out awhile that P99 began to feel moderately polished. Fans of the pre-expansion period understandably look forward for the chance to do it "right" for the year or so that P99-green should have classic.

Danth
Old 08-05-2019, 01:02 AM
Kobold

Default :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
can't wait for you all to leave tbh
Old 08-06-2019, 05:29 AM
Sarnak

Logging in at 5:00 AM EST to exp my 52 lock PAL, entire entry floor of Kurn's taken by <DB> mage powerleveling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
can't wait for you all to leave tbh
Old 08-06-2019, 06:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pindrought [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There won't even be rezzes at all for some time, if you're under level 40 at the very least you're going to have to accept that you go grind back your lost XP. Even after more people level past 39 you're stuck with only 90% mana res, not clicky. 96% won't even exist until Kunark and people's clerics start hitting 57 or getting epics. The current glut of cleric epics won't be matched for a long time.

And aside from the economy and cheap twink gear, there's not going to be any drive by buffing when people's mana and regen are at a bigger premium and the server isn't topheavy with a ton of max levels. No one to log over to their cleric and HB the group, if HB was even a thing. No drive by PotG, no 50 plat PotG at the WC ring every hour....no PotG at all. Hell, there won't even be C2 until Kunark and ench's start leveling up and turning in the spell lotto scrolls. Who knows what kind of struggle it will be to find ports and even beg for SoW's for the first month or two.

That first year is going to be SLOW for the majority of people. Yes, there will be max levels in a week but its actually a minority of players who are willing to grind until their eyeballs bleed taking speed pills for a week straight.

The entire mana/hp regen issue makes me drawn to necro as a first character but even then I remember that Call of Bones at 34 is annoyingly high level research only and higher level words, and its pretty feels-bad-man.
Old 08-06-2019, 12:25 PM
Banned

I'm going to enjoy the less crowded blue and skip playing green.
Old 08-06-2019, 09:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm going to enjoy the less crowded blue and skip playing green.
Thank you. It's like people that choose not to have kids. You're making the world better for everyone.

All jokes aside, thank you. I hope a lot of people stay on Blue. On Day 1 of Green (or, shall we call it, Green Day), the entire population will be level 1. Even for a long time thereafter, the population will be highly concentrated in certain zones, perhaps more concentrated than Blue ever was unless I'm mistaken.
Old 08-06-2019, 09:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's like people that choose not to have kids. You're making the world better for everyone.
You are wise
Old 08-07-2019, 11:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotenvok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so all the invesment and thousand of hours on blue will go to the trash can
Not if you play on Red.

Green is Blue 2.0, have fun rules lawyering and petitioning infinite trains at manastone camp by VPN'ed neckbeards who want it more than you do. All the while being able to do absolutely about it because pvp isn't enabled.
Old 08-08-2019, 03:16 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbioticforks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not if you play on Red.

Green is Blue 2.0, have fun rules lawyering and petitioning infinite trains at manastone camp by VPN'ed neckbeards who want it more than you do. All the while being able to do absolutely about it because pvp isn't enabled.
But manastones don't drop on red.
Green+red=brown
Would you play p99 brown?
Closed Thread