Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 11:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not in Classic they weren't, particularly the former.
They are on P99 so who cares?
Old 08-13-2019, 01:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pindrought [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so who cares?
People who care about Classic, which is what P99 is allegedly trying to re-create.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes. 20%.

Paladin / Shadowknight / Ranger / Bard -40%
Monk -20%
Wizard / Magician / Enchanter / Necromancer -10%
Rogue +9%
Warrior +10%
The magnitudes of these values are correct, but by listing their opposites you're perpetuating the myth that the EXP penalty is a penalty to the amount of EXP that is earned, when it is actually an increase in the amount of total of EXP needed to reach each level.

Hybrids need 40% more EXP to reach each level, monks need 20% more EXP, warriors need 10% less, and so on. They all earn exp at the same rate.
Old 08-13-2019, 02:31 AM
Planar Protector

Hybrids didn't get meditate in classic?
Old 08-13-2019, 02:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hybrids didn't get meditate in classic?
I don't remember them not having it, but I didn't play EQ directly at launch either. If they didn't, it must have been added real early.

Hybrids had meditate from the start on P99. They also had their early 2000 spellsets rather than their original 1999 spellsets. Likewise casting never reset melee delay on P1999 and they never had the original small hybrid mana pools.

It should be assumed that class penalties will be present on a P99 do-over server.

Danth
Old 08-13-2019, 02:46 AM
Planar Protector

Will blue and red finally get shortie team hybrids when green releases?
Old 08-13-2019, 02:47 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People who care about Classic, which is what P99 is allegedly trying to re-create.
You're missing the point... You mentioned a class and pros that would've applied to original classic but have no relevancy in green as the pros you mentioned relate to rule breaking.
Old 08-13-2019, 02:58 AM
Planar Protector

SZ style no rules server seems great. Hope the devs go with that. Will simplify things for the GMs, too. I'd love to be able to train ppl on p99 without getting banned.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:37 AM
Planar Protector

“I would love to be able to be toxic with no repercussions”
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:35 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
“I would love to be able to be toxic with no repercussions”
While on one hand I hate the rules related to the raid scene, I think for the general game certain anti grief rules are a bit necessary.

I'm the kind of player who loves breaking game mechanics but it seems like people who want "no rules" are either naive or really think everyone else will be too stupid to one up them on the grief wars.
Closed Thread