Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2020, 08:39 PM
Kobold

Question Worth the time to make an "intelligence suit" to raise tradeskills?

As a bard, if i wanted to take the time to raise brewing and tailoring for say, the coldain ring or shawl, would it be worth it to farm an intelligence suit of a 70ish bonus to intelligence or would the skill gain bonus be negligible? Has anyone ever done this on a traditionally not intelligence class?
Old 04-09-2020, 02:56 AM
Planar Protector

I just embrace the ‘throwing money away’ aspect if tradeskills by raising smithing skill on shuriken or javelin combines. This way I can throw my money away in the most literal sense possible.
Old 04-09-2020, 03:20 AM
Kobold

I'm having no trouble raising my smithing because I have a high strength, but when I do not smithing skills it will obviously use intelligence for gains such as pottery, tailoring, and brewing. I am wondering if it's worth the time to throw together making an intelligence suit to help with skill gains, if anyone has any experience.

At least if p99 goes by what eq traders has: http://www.eqtraders.com/articles/ar...p?article=g256
Old 04-09-2020, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Tradeskills are almost entirely platinum sinks. That being said... If you plan to do any tradeskill work determine the core stat. As you know and said already STR for Smithing. So for smithing you want to get to 250 str when you're training smithing. It helps, it really helps to get the skill's core stat as high as possible.

The stat has no affect on success/failure but on skill gain chance.

Int or Wis which ever is cheaper/easier for your class. Bard I presume int is the goto.
I've even gone as far as keeping an int or wis set in my bank.
My priest classes I pump up wisdom, my caster classes I pump up int. I may be repeating myself sorry.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 04-09-2020, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The stat has no affect on success/failure but on skill gain chance.
This is true, but I should note (in case you, or anyone reading this, tradeskilled on live in classic) that the reverse is unclassically not true. On live, your tradeskill success had no impact on your chance of skilling-up on that attempt (it didn't matter if the trivial level of what you made was 20 or 200: as long as it was above your skill you had the same chance of skill-up). This was widely known by the tradeskill community ... until it changed at some point ... and P99 bases itself off the changed mechanic

Unfortunately no classic researcher has ever dug up proof of how classic tradeskilling worked (likely because the obvious place to find it, EQTraders.com, blocked the Wayback Machine, so there's no way to see old tradeskill forum posts). As a result, it's important to understand that here (again, unlike live) you want to always make the recipe with the lowest "trivial" level, that isn't actually trivial for you, because that will give you a greater chance of success and thus a greater chance of skill-up.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:16 PM
Sarnak

I have a full suit of wis gear for my paladin for doing shawl tradeskills. It seems to help and be worth it. You can find reasonable items that atleast give you a boost. Don't really need bis int gear. Can always ask for enchanter buffs before you start crafting as well.
Old 04-09-2020, 10:15 PM
Kobold

I appreciate the valuable input. Thank you. It sounds like it's worth it if I'm going to be doing multiple trade skills, but not so much if I'm only going to do one.
Old 04-10-2020, 06:47 AM
Kobold

the amount of time spent gathering a cheap int suit VS the time saved leveling trade skills is very noticeable.
Old 04-10-2020, 02:05 PM
Sarnak

I bought one for a monk to do thurg pot and was like ok.

Then tried to do on a rogue without a crafting suit and was like - I need a crafting suit.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:50 PM
Planar Protector

Some the tradeskills are dex based no? Or am i thinking of poison making...
Closed Thread