Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 01:48 AM
Aviak

Question Mithril 2hs vs FBSS/ Investment?

Hey guys,
I'm a 40 DRU on Green and one of my best buds(EQ noob that started on green launch with me) is playing a 39 WAR. We've gotten his crafted armor done, he's rocking an axe of the slayers (we've got an enchanter buddy playing with us so I thought that the haste from the exe axe was wasted on top of ENC haste), and I feel like his gear is mostly in order except for equipped haste.
I feel like the Swirlspine isn't the solution we're looking for at 16% for 8.5k, when we could get a Mithril 2hs at 31% Haste for (optimistically) 7.5k. Also, Mithril 2hs still dominates classic ratios (pre-raiding). My concern, however, comes with how much the value of the Mithril 2hs tanks come december when Kunark arrives. Therein lies the value of the FBSS (15-16k), which at 21% maintains its value much better post-expansion. Any recommendations from the vets? My thought is that with the Mithril 2HS he's sitting pretty until December, and then a TBB could fill that waist slot nicely, but I've never mained a warrior before... We've saved enough for the sword but not the FBSS.
Thanks ya'll,
Broor
Old 04-29-2020, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Allow me to whip this out https://wiki.project1999.com/Belt_of_the_Four_Winds
Old 04-29-2020, 01:47 PM
Aviak

That's incredibly badass but we're as casual as you can possibly imagine, not sure if we'll ever see the planes (sadly)! I guess the question is, do I buy the sword now and potentially lose the investment when kunark hits and we get him properly weaponized, or save for the FBSS which he'll likely continue to use for the duration of our time on the server?
Old 04-29-2020, 02:53 PM
Aviak

FBSS due to the versatility of using different weapons, especially as a warrior. Don't lock him into the Mithril 2-Hander just to re-spend the plat later when he needs to use other weapons.
Old 04-29-2020, 02:55 PM
Aviak

Oh yeah if he switches to his aggro weapon set instead of DPS he'd gain no benefit! Appreciate the advice, looks like we've got some more plat to farm haha-
Old 04-29-2020, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

FBSS will hold value much better. Mith 2h is still a good weapon even in Kunark actually, but not a great one. And with each passing day once Kunark drops the market will be absorbing more and more very good Kunark weapons, which will put downward pressure on the Mith 2h price. But the FBSS has no Kunark equivalent. In fact, demand for it might even spike in Kunark given the inevitable surge of Iksar Monk twinks. I'd go FBSS for the long-term investment. It will remain a very liquid and valuable item for the entire life of the server.
Old 04-29-2020, 06:35 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FBSS will hold value much better. Mith 2h is still a good weapon even in Kunark actually, but not a great one. And with each passing day once Kunark drops the market will be absorbing more and more very good Kunark weapons, which will put downward pressure on the Mith 2h price. But the FBSS has no Kunark equivalent. In fact, demand for it might even spike in Kunark given the inevitable surge of Iksar Monk twinks. I'd go FBSS for the long-term investment. It will remain a very liquid and valuable item for the entire life of the server.
Excellent advice, thanks Vexenu-
Old 04-29-2020, 11:50 PM
Planar Protector

If you have to wait until kunark to afford the FBSS but can get the mith2h now Maybe consider that, because you've now kind of got diminishing returns on that fbss with all the plat you had to farm without haste!

Mith 2h will take a warrior well into kunark for DPS to be totally fair, especially casually.

It is also a bad ass sword [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But I agree with Vex overall, if you can save up after just a couple of weeks between your group, get the FBSS!
Old 05-07-2020, 09:54 PM
Aviak

OK Boys I got the job done, FBSS purchased, but now I have need of your collective bro wisdom. We've got an enchanter with 50% haste, which stacks with 21% FBSS, so is it now more effective DPS for our 40 WAR with his damage bonus of five to wield two EBWs at an effective ratio of 7/12 or his axe of the slayers at 23/28? Aggro not much of an issue, thanks again-
Old 05-08-2020, 01:01 AM
Planar Protector

Really good job raising funds for your warrior's FBSS. It's cool to see a small team put that kind of teamwork into play.

I just saw this thread and was thinking you should go with the sash because then he could use any weapons and still have that 21% haste. I'm glad you chose it instead of the Mith 2-hander.

It sounds like you're casual but you have plans and goals. We could use players like you in the <Castle>. Feel free to ask any Castler to refer you to an officer if you're interested in learning more.
Closed Thread