Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 10:32 PM
Kobold

Default seafury camp

Hello, i just got into a debate with someone and couldnt find an answer, so my apologies if its been answered before hehe. Im camping a seafury static spawn and keep getting it jacked with the explanation "this whole island is FFA". I thought pretty much any mob spawn point was campable, does this idea not apply cause its seafury isle? thanks ahead of time =D
Old 06-17-2011, 10:40 PM
Sarnak

technically you can camp any static spawn, that being said its a good idea to snag your static mob the very second it pops on seafury island though, that place is like the wild west, its amazing the level the douchebaggery people will sink to for a few plat.

I always park my pet right on the spawn point so as soon as the mob spawns the pet agros it , and I always cast my quickest casting nuke as soon as it pops just to be safe.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:46 PM
Sarnak

how does someone even jack your static spawn if you are camping it?

If you went to go grab another seafury then I would say you are in FFA mode.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:13 PM
Fire Giant

In open zones, its FFA. You can sit at a spawn point on the island, it doesn't make it yours. Only named/rare mobs are camps.

So open zone, you get agro before someone else=all yours. Just gotta be quick on the spells. Most people use a lvl 1 spell to pull with right away to make sure they get agro first.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah technically you can't camp outdoor roaming mobs, but you can sort effect the same result by sitting on spawns and being the first to engage. It really comes down to your engagement. If some scrubby mage is parking his pet on one spawn and sitting on another himself, if you go sit on his pet, when that mob spawns, it will attack you and it's yours!
Old 06-18-2011, 12:06 AM
Planar Protector

Just to shed light on this since I've gotten confirmation from a Guide while spending an inordinate amount of time at that forsaken island:

If you park your pet and yourself at a static spawn point (there are only 6 on the island), you are camping that spawn point. It is a camp and it is yours. If you break away from that spawn point though you're not camping it anymore.

Now, to expose my nerdiness, when I used to camp SFs I would rarely lay claim to a camp until it got super crowded and became more worth it to park at a static spawn loc and tag roamers (if you ever got one). What most SF vets will do, is park their pet on one static spawn, run around picking others up. I'd personally run timers on SF statics (6min40sec) and sometimes even roamers (22min I believe). Then I would get into a rotation where I only killed 4-5 per spawn cycle and made it to those spawn points before others since I had them on timers. I made my fair share of plat and got sick and tired of it when I saw a mage pet not only on ever static spawn point, but I saw two people on roamer spawn points too (meaning they were camping 3 SFs an hour) with ~25 people in zone.

And like others have said, how did you lose a mob if you were sitting on it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenjitsuRZ View Post
Multiplication is used at all levels.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:37 AM
Kobold

Default ahh, the wonderful world of seafuries

i spent a good couple levels here, and at first it was a little sketchy.
feeling ninja yet? if not. maybe a quick look at these pics, we can all relate hah
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

but in the end.. it was worth it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 06-18-2011, 07:45 AM
Planar Protector

hah, i love how the cyclops is looking, ready at attention for his ass beating to come
Old 06-18-2011, 11:27 AM
Sarnak

this thread is a good reminder for why I don't log on anymore
Old 06-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Banned

Hes looking at the camera.
Closed Thread