Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 01:32 PM
Fire Giant

Default Monk FD Splitting

Let me start by saying I'm the first to admit I'm a pretty subpar monk, and I have no problem with that. That said, I'm wondering if there are any tricks/tips I'm missing in regards to FD splitting for xp purposes post sneak nerf.

My strategy right now to really simplify it is basically pull, flop, hope 1 or 2 mobs stay behind while the others reset, if 1 mob doesn't stay behind and they all path back together I wait for them all to reset and try again. This definitely works, but it can be tedious as shit and seems entirely based on luck as far as how long it will take.

I feel like I'm missing something. Better monks of p99, please enlighten me with your knowledge.
Old 03-18-2018, 01:54 PM
Fire Giant

To build off your current stray. Pull all the mobs to a spot where someone in your camp can tag them. Flop, let all but one or two start to reset, stand up, ALL of them should re agro you, flop again, and only the ones that haven't begun to reset will stick around. In this way you can extend the timer before mobs reset and make them available for a group member to safely tag.
Old 03-18-2018, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Corners that block line of sight are good to flop after. Excess mobs go round corner and reaggro the remainder
Old 03-18-2018, 02:59 PM
Fire Giant

The flop/have someone else tag method I knew about, I should've mentioned that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Corners that block line of sight are good to flop after. Excess mobs go round corner and reaggro the remainder
Does this make a difference? I've flopped around corners to avoid casters, stood up and instantly been re-aggro'd by mobs that were out of LOS when I stood up. It makes sense it would work on below lvl 35 mobs that don't automatically remember you, but I never had any issues splitting those that was easy mode. With mobs that remember it seems the only thing that matters is if you get lucky and the FD mem-blur'd which is pretty rare for me or they reset.

Another thing to add to my original questions, is there anyway to sneak pull at all now? Never works for me. Was it completely removed or has a chance of working rarely?
Old 03-18-2018, 03:47 PM
Kobold

If you’re doing it for xp camps one way to make your life easier : let’s say you have three rooms of three mobs (for simplicity sake). Split one mob out of each pack of three. Then go back to the first room, split out another and repeat in the same order. That way you don’t have to be so on top of when stuff troops to avoid having to split again. It’s kind of obvious but I’ve been in groups on my other toons where the puller had to deal with splitting the same room over and over because they weren’t on top of it. Best thing is if you do it this way, ANYONE in the group can take over pulling so you can actually go take a piss or grab a drink, that is if you trust whoever takes over to not screw up and undo your work.
Old 03-18-2018, 04:06 PM
Kobold

Just to add...this is assuming your group doesn’t just wanna CC everything and burn it down but if that were the case just pull all 3 and don’t bother splitting. I’m assuming you want singles.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

Get a bio orb for guranteed singles
Old 03-19-2018, 12:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Flop, let all but one or two start to reset, stand up, ALL of them should re agro you, flop again, and only the ones that haven't begun to reset will stick around. In this way you can extend the timer before mobs reset
This is what I do on my monk. Except I stand just outside of aggro range and re-flop. Once the others reset you can pull that one still standing next to you. This method works extremely well to split rooms. And it's quick and easy once you get it down.
Old 03-20-2018, 05:13 AM
Planar Protector

If its an exp group and CC is not an option you want to split a room up...like BGs in KC or something...then you need to use your tricks to seperate them (beads, root nets, bio orb, etc). split things around corners, don't let things catch up to you (if all 4 BGs are wailing on you and you FD they are likely to all start to reset together) and try to get one or two to mem blur from successive FDs as they reset. Use group mates to tag as you FD them around corners, etc.

Most important tip if you doing this on a monk where you need to keep things split (and your having a hard time doing it) is to keep a timer. Its your job as puller to time the mobs and split the rooms up. If you do that you'll only have to FD split once the entire camp.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:42 AM
Planar Protector

If it's KC get the druid or ranger to use bind sight or /assist to get targets from camp and cast harmony.

Team work makes the dream come to fruition.

There is always a ranger or druid in KC groups :P.
Closed Thread