Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 06:27 AM
Fire Giant

this patch actually makes monks a skill class now. best patch ever.

the Salt King <Ironborn>
Old 05-14-2018, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Everyone keeps talking about monks, but rogues are the victims here.
Old 05-14-2018, 02:10 PM
Banned

our rogue tootsies are too delicate to pull...pls no make pull
Old 05-14-2018, 05:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vianna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The type of pulling past mobs in that thread discussed is what occurred in zones with different factions.
One of the posts in the bug report specifically mentions sneak needs to be active while the pulled mob runs past the potential add or it will social aggro, that would not make any difference if the mobs were on different factions.

Quote:
3) keep sneaking until your own pull is also
past the critter
Another post mentions social aggro multiple times, mobs on different factions do not have social aggro.

Quote:
If you come up behind two mobs and fire a bow, or throw at one - only the target will come as long as you keep sneak engaged. It negates him from chain aggroing the second mob. As if the first mob normally says "Come on, there's a guy over here" and the second says "I don't see anything", shrugs and stays where he is.
Old 05-15-2018, 03:11 AM
Fire Giant

help not help ?

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/monk...eath-t681.html

dec 2001 not sure if in era.

---------------------------------

out of era ranger post

http://www.eqoutrider.net/eqforums/v...php?f=1&t=3578

op
Postby Xodar » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:07 pm

muvandog1 wrote:
Make sure you understand how aggro transfers from NPC to NPC. It is probably the most helpful thing when pulling indoors.

If you have NPCs:

A B C

Lined up something like that, you always should pull (or root) A or C, but never B. Do you understand why?

It's because aggro will only transfer "1 level". If you aggro C, any NPCs near C, and any NPCs that C passes as it runs around, will aggro as well. Those are the "1st level transfer" NPCs. If those NPCs in turn run by other, un-aggroed NPCs, they will NOT aggro anything.

So in the above example, if you pull B, you will always get A and C aggro. If you pull A or C, depending on pathing, you may get lucky and only have B aggro.

The single greatest piece of knowledge for pulling indoors. Direct agro on a mob (ala I just cast snare or shot an arrow) can be passed to any mob it comes in range of.
Assist agro on a mob can not be passed.

This means that if a mob that is assist agroed by your tag runs back into a hallway or room full, they don't spread agro.

Best example I can give of this....

If one is max chardok faction, and is near the royals, just walking around waving at your allys.....

The King is in a small depression with another mob. If you root that mob he passes assist agro to the king, who you can then pull to the hallway, or even back to the library, add free and kill at your leisure. As soon as root breaks though, and that single mob comes out of the depression, it passes it's agro to the room full.

Sneak pulling was a combination of proximity pulling while using the fact that mobs facing the other way won't agro a sneaked person. I can't really remember actually using it since LGuk.

Once you have ae root you can do almost anything. A combination of chromo snare, chromo root, and aa snare that casts while gems are gray is a pretty potent toolset though.

Then there's plan C, one of my best friends in the game is a mage. She and I have been playing together for years. There is NOTHING that a well AA'ed 80 ranger and a mage cannot pull. Hell, in SoF since anything with loot is snare immune we've swapped to the ae root everything and get the fast one single.

Mostly you'll use an amalgam of everything though. With our toolset you'll start mentally tracking static spawns and pathers, and find yourself with a pretty good guage of agro ranges and mob pathing actions. In guild groups I almost never bother to pull singles anyway, our root CC is more than adequate.

Typed a little more than I intended to, lol, but in essence, the same way you get to Carnegie Hall... Practice
Plainswalker Xodar
officer <Bhur Gcairde>
Tribunal server

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Last edited by Buellen; 05-15-2018 at 03:18 AM..
Old 05-15-2018, 05:31 AM
Planar Protector

Just my quick 2 cp on a topic that is already beaten to death many months ago...

1. I recall folks talking about sneak pulling on live. I have no memory of actually doing it myself or seeing it done. There is very little chance of determining when precisely it worked, exactly how it worked, or when it was removed. The posts people drudge up don't really help the Devs to answer those specific implementation questions.

2. I never recall sneaking while FD dropping aggro on mobs (that otherwise would have had aggro). I never heard of this ability until playing a monk on p99.

3. The way mobs path back is important to legit FD pulling. The way mobs path back on p99 is not classic as I recall it. On p99 it has to do with direct vs indirect aggro. I didn't main a monk on live, so I simply don't have the anecdotal information to know if this is correct.

Over all, I thought the FD/sneak changes actually improved my utility as a monk regardless of the classic status of the change. Sneak pulling allowed multiple classes to pull and break difficult camps with little risk or effort. Removing sneak pulling made monks needed for those pulls (allbeit the pull itself would be harder to do now). As I said this has nothing to do with classic or not. I'm simply reflecting on the feel of the change for me on p99.
Closed Thread