Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 11:02 PM
Banned

Hmmmmx3

I believe everquest is a mob genocide simulator. Too bad the PvP servers have succumbed.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackd104 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sorry, but your post is too well-spoken, mature, thoughtful, and heartfelt for this forum. I'm afraid its meaning will be lost by most of its readers. I applaud your reaching out, however. I, for one, enjoyed it and agree with your assessments of the community, its significance, and the game's relationship to mental health issues.

Respectfully,

Yoxodo the necro
I'm glad you appreciated it. I'm hoping that everyone, even those who replied with jokes, will take something from it - even if it's just to think about doing something good for themselves or someone else on a daily basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The "you can't love others until you love yourself" thing is mostly bullcrap. If you want self-esteem, then do esteemable things. You can't just decide to have self-esteem, and you can't just decide to love yourself. Actions are what counts.

Brain chemical shenanigans aside, a lot of depression is caused by excessive focus on self. It's understandable we do that, it's by nature and it's sure as hell encouraged by our culture, but if you want to feel better STOP THINKING ABOUT YOU and go help somebody else.
I love this sentiment and I agree with the bit you said about focusing on others. If you spend your time helping others and doing good for them in general, you will undoubtedly gain a sense of pride, accomplishment, and your heart will feel fuller. It can be as simple as sending a nice message to someone, letting them know what they mean to you or that you're thinking of them. Ask someone how they're doing, but mean it. Make plans to catch up with an old friend. When someone complains about a rough time they're having, avail yourself to help them. Volunteer your time to help those less fortunate than yourself. So many ways to fill your heart by giving yourself to others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wfrench1234 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Summer of 99 was camping some Rubicite in the throne room in Cazic Thule. The zone typically had 40-50 people in it all humping the dream of red armor. The throne room has two groups in it by itself, one group pulling to each side of the entrance area. Well apparently the group camping Avatar of Fear got overwhelmed but what was unique was that due to its location most groups just died badly down in the camp. Not this time. The avatar of Fear made it up to the Top floor, along with every mob between. There was so much carnage, so many lives cut short. The blood was ankle deep in some spot, the temple floor the same shade as the rubicite armor we had all come seeking. It truly was one of the great massacres I’ve ever witnessed on this game and it still haunts my dreams to this day. Being a paladin I was able to survive but some days I wish I hadn’t.
This just deserves a repost, well written!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fwiw 'rockwell' would have been better
Not an option [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] please join me in spamming the petition/exploit forum until we finally get some decent font options. (please don't actually do that)
Old 05-22-2018, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

If anyone need a friend come chat to me

I would plug my stream but that be selfish

Cough ______________ cough

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 05-22-2018, 11:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If anyone need a friend come chat to me

I would plug my stream but that be selfish

Cough ______________ cough
Nice man [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] and plug away! Watching streams can be really relaxing for people who need a break from RL