Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 02:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Solo runs on P99's hate are not well advised. Our PoH isn't and never will be coded right for this. That said, it's doable. I would, however, like to hear your contingency plan for retrieving the full geared wizard corpse you're likely leaving at port in. Raider caps are a good idea. You can also die before you load in. Your best bet besides tagging along with a raid like you should be doing is having both go up naked and expecting to die. Seriously.. go with a raid.
Agreed. I'd rather run backwards through a razor blade forest naked than try to solo this.

If you go with a raid, it's one of the easiest parts of the quest, rather than being one of the hardest if you try to solo it.

I always dread doing corpse drags in PoH. A lot of people seem to think Rogues are fine to sneak around up there. Nope. It's dangerous.

To be fair, only the banshee and lich see Rogues, but those things are everywhere
Old 05-21-2018, 03:19 PM
Sarnak

When I did this, we both died and ported up naked, then were rezzed back after book retrieval. Wizard did die and eat XP loss before being able to gate 2/3 of the times, however, but there wasn't a corpse run. WC cap would have likely been enough to prevent that, but I didn't get one as I was expecting the wizard to be rezzed back down as a form of instant-porting (timing on zone loading was not precise enough for that plan to work, hence the gating/dying).

Regardless, the whole expense for my run was 700 platinum plus three people's time for an hour, which isn't exactly a crippling cost. The two unrezzed deaths were a bigger deal, but also not that problematic in the grand scheme of things. It was also one of the most heartpoundingly fun experiences I've had playing EQ, and it did really give a pretty cool Roguey feeling. If you're not guilded or your guild can't do hate and don't want to beg people to follow along on their raids, its not that bad an option all things considered.

EDIT: Also, remember nothing sees sneak, just hide. Back arc is always safe.
Last edited by 7thGate; 05-21-2018 at 03:23 PM..
Old 05-22-2018, 02:37 AM
Fire Giant

I recently had to do this again for my High elf mask. I went up with a raid but another rogue had already snagged the book. Ended up just camping out next to the book. Logged back in some hours later, picked it up, and WC cap'd out no problem.
Closed Thread