Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 09:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PoM robe is necessary if your race is a dark elf. Any other race the SS robe. Charisma on the mischievous robe is mandatory to allow other slots to increase your Mana and HealthPoint maximums while also maxing out Charisma with Buffs
Yeah I think mandatory is a bit of a stretch.

You could get 3 of the 8 CHA by upgrading to Illusionist's Sleeves from Insidious or upgrading Beguiler's Pants to Ice Silk Pants. Then you could get another +8 CHA by upgrading ear from Black Sapphire to Helssen's Prismatic Trinket and getting the HP back +some with Illusionist's Wrist instead of Loam. Also could just get Cloak of Confusion for the extra +11 CHA and lose the +75 mana/+4 int from Hiero Cloak. Seahorse Belt has +4cha/+4 int/+25 mana and only ~6 less hp than Spider Fur.

Point is, there are options.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Pons

What is your magelo I can compare to?
I don’t keep a Magelo, but my standard kit is (and I think I got it all):

Loam Boots, Gloves, Belt, Arms
Ancient Wurmhide Robe
Bracelet of Quintessence/Zombie Flesh Bracer (the EB/HP/Mana bracer off Draco)
Rod of Glamour/VP Charm Staff
Crude Stein
Kromzek Surveyor Scope
Goblin Gazughi/5/55 Ring
2x Oppaline Earring
Neriad Shawl
+6 neck
Sky Face (+6 Cha)
Insidious Halo
Drake Legs (the +5 Cha one’s)

In all of that, there is only three (?) pieces of gear that aren’t attainable by anyone who is capable of doing up to Island 5 of sky (Robe, VP Staff & Draco bracer) and they aren’t Cha upgrades. I’m at 248 buffed with VP Staff, which has less Cha than the Rod. And like I said, there are some readily available upgrades (Kael Ear, Epic, SS Arms would let me take off the other earring and replace with an EoE or something. PoM Cloak would let me dump the Stein. Heiro cloak and I could be about where I am Cha wise without the Crude Stein).

Now, would it be nice to have the extra 15 Cha from the PoM Robe? Sure. But I had suboptimal point allocation and I’m still at 248 buffed - and 221 int buffed too.
Old 05-22-2018, 08:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I would spring for the robe that extra charisma to max it is quite nice. My current build is waiting on a earring drop from Chardok 2.0 to finallly fill it out and get maxed CHA self buffed.Heres to hoping!
Sure, just loan me the nearly 200k it’ll take (someone is currently selling the Doll for 100k, much less the cards to make a Robe of Distraction). That’s the point, it isn’t a gear requirement that is game changing (like a Fungi, or Haste, or Torpor). Is it worth 200k? I mean, maybe objectively, but that’s a lot of plat for something that isn’t game changing. That’s why it’s far from required. I would argue the Cloak or Confusion is more game changing because of the Cha density on a slot that doesn’t have much charisma gear.
Old 05-24-2018, 11:53 AM
Banned

I think the best 50-100k you can spend would be getting the PoM Cloak.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Cloak_of_Confusion

I'm working on that now...cannot wait to upgrade from Hierophant's.

I'd argue its BiS.
Old 05-26-2018, 03:24 AM
Skeleton

PoM robe wins FashionQuest. I don’t regret buying mine. Not much else to spend plats on these days
Old 05-26-2018, 05:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozdormu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not much else to spend plats on these days
Alts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread