Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 06:48 PM
Skeleton

Question Torpor Cost

I've been playing a shaman with my brother for a few days now, he is a monk, but the cost of Torpor has been nagging me. If it's true that it's game changing in the end game should this factor into a decision to maybe reroll a different class? Are their any ways around the crazy cost? Would we be able to farm it as a duo or is it more practical to try and save up the plat? We're both starting from basically nothing. It's kind of swaying me to maybe play an enchanter or something else.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:14 PM
Sarnak

Do not give up, you will get it eventually. I suggest you try to group exp in the crypt in sebilis as you can rack up a lot of money for it, or even get it as a drop itself. Or you can join a guild in your low 50s, be active, and by the time you are 60 your guild will most likely give it to you when it drops.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:16 PM
Skeleton

Default Thanks

Thanks for the response. I was just concerned because as a level 9 shaman, it seems like A LOT for money. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-29-2015, 07:18 PM
Fire Giant

Get a crypt group and a sock. Fill sock, get torpor.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:23 PM
Skeleton

Can a monk and shaman duo camp the sock?
Old 10-29-2015, 08:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furniture [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do not give up, you will get it eventually. I suggest you try to group exp in the crypt in sebilis as you can rack up a lot of money for it, or even get it as a drop itself. Or you can join a guild in your low 50s, be active, and by the time you are 60 your guild will most likely give it to you when it drops.
This is how I got my copy of Torpor last month, and another sham my got his just recently.

Otherwise, farming Emp in crypt or Jumpy at juggs (both in Seb) are the typical camps, along with Skyfire spell farming with a couple groups.

Your a ways from 60, don't sweat it yet. Enjoy the shammy, it's a fun class.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:09 PM
Fire Giant

It can be duo'd but with the right classes and gear/skill. If you show up and camp is broken because a group is leaving it may not be that difficult. If you have to break the camp yourselves.....different story. Not to mention you need a rogue to get into the sock.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

You'd need a Torpor Shaman to duo/trio most of the things that can drop Torpor, or probably more for Prot/Tola/Guardian Wurms. Cliff Golems are probably the easiest thing that can drop the spell, but their drop rate is really bad. Emperor Chottal is usually regarded as the best compromise between ease and drop rate.

I wouldn't shelve a Shaman simply due to lacking Torpor. It's a game-changer for solo or duo gameplay, and allows a Shaman to be a main healer in a lot of groups in addition to the usual Shaman jobs. However, a character doesn't stop working at level 60 simply because he doesn't have the spell, and can keep doing all the many things it already does. It's nice but not mission-critical in most group or raid settings.

Danth
Old 10-30-2015, 12:16 AM
Sarnak

At level 5, buying spells feels impossible. That doesn't really ease up until level 30. It's only after level 30 that you start to actually earn enough money to buy your spells and buy some gear.

As everyone will say, focus on leveling. There are ways to earn a little extra plat in the teens and 20s by selecting your leveling areas, but the plat you earn per hour increases exponentially at higher levels.

If you guys stick it through the many months grind to actually hit 60 on the shaman, and you haven't found a way to get torpor yet, then I'm sure you'll be able to farm the hours it takes to get Torpor. There's lots of cash camps a 60 shaman/monk duo can do without torpor.
Old 10-30-2015, 05:53 AM
Kobold

It is not that bad, especially with a monk friend.
In your high 50's, both of you can farm easily together (NG camp in seb would be awesome).

Even without torpor at 60, you can solo stuff most classes cannot.
You picked one of the best duos, stick with it and enjoy the ride, money will come [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread