Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-04-2018, 11:00 PM
Sarnak

I appreciate this. But im a computer newb. Can you ELI5?
Old 08-05-2018, 01:16 PM
Sarnak

My question is, when you say run install.bat... What is that? Is it included in the download? is it a program from another party i have to download? Is it already on my PC???

Also, important question... Whats the difference between this and the other character texture one?
Old 08-05-2018, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

should be included in the download, directions in the first post iirc
Old 08-06-2018, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My question is, when you say run install.bat... What is that? Is it included in the download? is it a program from another party i have to download? Is it already on my PC???
It's a thing I cobbled together in a scripting language called batch, and yes as Lord Cucumbers says it is in the downloaded files. Please follow the install instructions on our Wiki page for more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, important question... Whats the difference between this and the other character texture one?
Our textures were upscaled using a superior denoise algorithm and converted to DDS for memory conservation so you'll crash less often, whereas Chebby's texture package from 2013 will cause your client to crash more often. Our package includes a ton of completely redone textures which are mostly true to classic aesthetics - basically all held items including weapons and shields have been painstakingly pored over and manually improved. Our package includes Sorn's masterfully reworked character faces (see the screenshot thread). Our package includes all transparency patcher fixes preapplied, as well as all of Zaela's animation and particle fixes, and a litany other miscellaneous transparency, semi-transparency, and cosmetic fixes which are all unique to our package. See our Wiki page for more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know I'm normally super fussy on shields, but the central boss on that thing is looking great!

Can it easily be recycled to other shields?
By Cucumbers, perhaps, on the classic round shields. That's up to him though.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:24 AM
Orc

i cant seem to be able to turn off the ugly luclin mage pet models now that i have HD installed, i like HD but i need my old pet models. any easy fixes?
Old 08-12-2018, 08:59 AM
Sarnak

fix erudite custom helms
Old 08-12-2018, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rankorr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i cant seem to be able to turn off the ugly luclin mage pet models now that i have HD installed, i like HD but i need my old pet models. any easy fixes?
Disable them from the options menu at the login screen:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salaryman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fix erudite custom helms
Only possible if/when P99 switches to the Trilogy client: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=288754
Old 08-14-2018, 02:34 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you Cucumbers, PaulG, Sorn, and Zaela! All of you are server heroes.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:10 PM
Orc

I have unchecked that box, it did nothing
Old 08-17-2018, 12:28 PM
Sarnak

Edit your eqclient.ini and make sure the lines starting with "UseLuclin" are all set to "=FALSE".